Bluetooth help RPI 3 AIO

hi guys,
im wanting to use the Bluetooth tracker for presence detection yet i get this error when i add it to my config

Not initializing device_tracker.bluetooth_tracker because could not install dependency pybluez==0.22

2017-10-31 20:09:59 ERROR (Thread-5) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package pybluez==0.22: Command "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/bin/python3 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-g46a1ys2/pybluez/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-aure59k9-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/include/site/python3.4/pybluez" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-g46a1ys2/pybluez/
2017-10-31 20:09:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Not initializing device_tracker.bluetooth_tracker because could not install dependency pybluez==0.22
2017-10-31 20:09:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform device_tracker.bluetooth_tracker: Could not install all requirements.

how can i resolve this?

Are you running that command as homeassistant after activating the virtual environment?

The process is the same as when upgrading, except instead of running the upgrade of HA, you install the package.

I added

device_tracker:

• platform: bluetooth_tracker

To my config file and restarted HA was this wrong.

That should be fine, I wasn’t sure if you’d tried adding the dependency manually.

It’s worth trying to manually install it.

1 Like

Could you kindly tell me how :slight_smile:

I’m really new to HA

Did you try the solution from the following thread?

1 Like

Thank you
This worked