Bluetooth LE Tracker

I am using the Bluetooth_le tracker. It seems that once a device is detected as “home” after restart, it always remains detected as home and never updates. For example, if I restart HA with the tracker at home it, it shows (correctly) as home, but if I then leave, it never changes to away. Similarly, if I restart HA while the tracker is away, it shows (correctly) as away. It will then immediately update to home (correctly) as soon as the tracker is in range, BUT then it will never switch back to away when the tracker leaves home.

Any thoughts? TIA.

Same issue here. I probably shouldn’t cross-post (2022.8: You can fix it! - #352 by samuel81) but there seem to be more people experiencing this. I’m running Home Assistant Operating System in an Odriod N2+ with a ZEXMTE BT-505 with Home Assistant 2022.8.3, Supervisor 2022.08.3, Operating System 8.4, Frontend 20220802.0 - latest). What system are you running, and what are your results immediately after a host reboot?

I am using Home Assistant Blue.

Odroid-N2.
Home Assistant - 2022.08.3
Supervisor - 2022.08.3
OS - 8.4
Frontend - 20220802.0 - latest

My bluetooth adapter is the TP-Link - UB400

After a reboot, the system correctly identifies the home/away state of my trackers. And - if a device was “away” at the time of reboot it will identify & update the state as soon as it come “in range.” However, once an entity is “home” it never updates until a reboot/restart.

Even “reloading” the integration won’t help. There needs to be a complete restart of HA.

The UB400 isn’t supported though (had one, and replace it with the one mentioned above, based on the beta specs) . But otherwise it appears as if I have the same issues.

It’s on Git too. Bluetooth LE Tracker no longer scanning or doing anything · Issue #76634 · home-assistant/core (github.com)

Hi !
I have the same problem. I read the issue #76634. I feel like the problem is solved with bleak v0.16.0. However, this had no effect in HA 2022.9.2.
My config: HAOS on Rpi 4 with bluetooth adapter UGREEN CM390 on USB 2.0 socket with USB switch and extension cable.

Just got a BTD-400 and set up Bluetooth, while it can’t see my phone it does see my FitBit.

I’m observing the same issue as the start of this thread - even though I was gone at work all day long it reported my FitBit as “home” all day.

core 2022.10.2