BME680 using the official Bosch Sensortec BSEC Library

I think he needs to update the library to make it work again… https://github.com/timothybrown/BSEC-Conduit/issues/6

Yes, hopefully we can add the new values, specially the eCO2.
I did a pull request with the fix to use the new installation file. However looking it might be more into…

Try to follow this and see if that works…

Apparently It’s working for the with the latest library.

Do you mind sharing your changes in the code?
I got ./bsec-conduit to work, but not the systemd.

Im sorry man but it doesn’t work for me anymore, I guess the library isn’t supported again. :frowning:

It was a great piece of software but I don’t know why the author doesn’t have time to update it.

Are you still using the software? I got it working now with the latest library…

1 Like

Hi Folks,

Just wandering if this implementation is still working ?

D

Working for me. Installed a few weeks ago.

Hello,

I´m using this project to use BME680 with bsec and esphome:

For me its working fine.

Best regards,
Stefan

Thanks! What board are you using with this?

Hello Daniel_Edge,

I’m using A Wemos D1 Mini Esp8266 with BME680.

Best regards,
Stefan

Thanks for the reply @r100gs

Is it one of these boards?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AZDelivery-D1-Mini-Development-Compatible/dp/B0754N794H/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Wemos+D1+Mini+Esp8266&qid=1604864680&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyQlZNSzVLOTIwWFNQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTgxNDU0MlJWWlZZN0I5TVlaMyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjQ3NDEwMUpHN0dTV1pCVDRYTSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Yes, I think this one should work

Hello,
Is possible, can you tell me where more exactly have you copied directory bme680_bsec ?
Tried to place it under:
/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/esphome/esp32_sparkfun_airquality/src/esphome/custom_components but it seems is not the right place.

Thanks.

Found it… it’s inside:
/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/esphome/custom_components/

ok.
is it working for you?
I have it in /config/custom_components where other homeassistant custom components are

No, you are right it is in /config/esphome/custom_components

Yes, seem to work, thanks for your hint :slight_smile: . I have all temperature, humidity, VOC, CO2 sensors active. Just that IAQ Accuracy looks to be still staying in Calibrating state since more than 1h. Not sure how long will take until it determine a final value.

I got this all up and running, but I think there may be a bug… I noticed that the temperature sensor stops updating whilst all other metrics continue to update. Anyone else experienced that?

In my case all sensors work fine.

Calibrating takes some time. In the beginning it takes some hours.

The sensor is always recalibrating when you open the window.
I´ watching it now for a while and after opening the windows IAQ goes down and the sensor starts calibrating --> after this the IAQ values in my room are high but they go down after a while.
I´m not sure how exact the sensor is

Right, after testing the bme680_bsec for a while noticed that many time it stays in calibrating, and also sometimes stays many time un Uncertain state, which not sure how to interpret, if is reliable to trust values when in uncertain state or not.