BME680 using the official Bosch Sensortec BSEC Library

I’m getting this error, I would appreciate any help…

Now I’m getting this if I run journalctl -u bsec-conduit.service:

topic = sensor
# The base topic to publish values to.
# If left blank the topic `<Hostname>/BME680` will be used.
# Type: String or Blank
# Default: Blank
- platform: mqtt
  name: "BME680 IAQ Accuracy"
  state_topic: "sensor/bme680"
  value_template: "{{ value_json.IAQ_Accuracy }}"

Any advice?

I got it woking now, but only using mqtt discovery.

Do you guys know what’s the mqtt topic?

This config doesn’t work…

- platform: mqtt
  name: "BME680 IAQ "
  state_topic: "raspberrypi/BME680/iaq"
  availability_topic: "raspberrypi/BME680/status"
  value_template: "{{ value_json.IAQ }}"
  unit_of_measurement: "IAQ"

I would appreciate any help .

Unfortunately I don’t know the topic. But you can use MQTT.fx on your Windows pc to scan the mqtt broker for the topics.

1 Like

Bosch just updated its library to version v1.4.7.4, I tried to install it but it doesn’t work… (The previous one works)

Have you guys had any luck to make it work?

Has anyone been able to get the latest version of bsec to work on with the great implementation that @timothybrown did?
I haven’t used the BME680 in a while, I got fed up with how complicated Bosh did it.

Here is the error that I’m getting:

(bsec) pi@raspberrypizero:/opt/bsec $ sudo systemctl start bsec-conduit.service; journalctl -f -u bsec-conduit.service
Job for bsec-conduit.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status bsec-conduit.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.
– Logs begin at Tue 2019-11-12 21:17:02 EST. –
Nov 12 23:31:42 raspberrypizero systemd[1]: bsec-conduit.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 9.
Nov 12 23:31:42 raspberrypizero systemd[1]: Stopped BSEC-Conduit Daemon.
Nov 12 23:31:42 raspberrypizero systemd[1]: Starting BSEC-Conduit Daemon…
Nov 12 23:31:44 raspberrypizero python3[1265]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Nov 12 23:31:44 raspberrypizero python3[1265]: File “/opt/bsec/bsec-conduit”, line 37, in
Nov 12 23:31:44 raspberrypizero python3[1265]: from systemd import journal
Nov 12 23:31:44 raspberrypizero python3[1265]: ImportError: cannot import name ‘journal’ from ‘systemd’ (/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/systemd/init.py)
Nov 12 23:31:44 raspberrypizero systemd[1]: bsec-conduit.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Nov 12 23:31:44 raspberrypizero systemd[1]: bsec-conduit.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Nov 12 23:31:44 raspberrypizero systemd[1]: Failed to start BSEC-Conduit Daemon.
Nov 12 23:31:49 raspberrypizero systemd[1]: bsec-conduit.service: Service RestartSec=5s expired, scheduling restart.

I was able to get my first “script” to work with some changes. It nows reports eCO2 and breath_voc_equivalent.

I think he needs to update the library to make it work again… https://github.com/timothybrown/BSEC-Conduit/issues/6

Yes, hopefully we can add the new values, specially the eCO2.
I did a pull request with the fix to use the new installation file. However looking it might be more into…

Try to follow this and see if that works…

Apparently It’s working for the with the latest library.

Do you mind sharing your changes in the code?
I got ./bsec-conduit to work, but not the systemd.

Im sorry man but it doesn’t work for me anymore, I guess the library isn’t supported again. :frowning:

It was a great piece of software but I don’t know why the author doesn’t have time to update it.

Are you still using the software? I got it working now with the latest library…

1 Like

Hi Folks,

Just wandering if this implementation is still working ?

D

Working for me. Installed a few weeks ago.

Hello,

I´m using this project to use BME680 with bsec and esphome:

For me its working fine.

Best regards,
Stefan

Thanks! What board are you using with this?

Hello Daniel_Edge,

I’m using A Wemos D1 Mini Esp8266 with BME680.

Best regards,
Stefan

Thanks for the reply @r100gs

Is it one of these boards?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AZDelivery-D1-Mini-Development-Compatible/dp/B0754N794H/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Wemos+D1+Mini+Esp8266&qid=1604864680&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyQlZNSzVLOTIwWFNQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTgxNDU0MlJWWlZZN0I5TVlaMyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjQ3NDEwMUpHN0dTV1pCVDRYTSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Yes, I think this one should work

Hello,
Is possible, can you tell me where more exactly have you copied directory bme680_bsec ?
Tried to place it under:
/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/esphome/esp32_sparkfun_airquality/src/esphome/custom_components but it seems is not the right place.

Thanks.