BMW ConnectedDrive component

:+1:

Yes I will add these attributes via a PR to Home Assistant. I am currently in the last phase of testing these new attributes for electric/hybrid cars. Then only the applicable sensor for the car will be shown (no fuel stuff for electric cars and vice versa).

You can already test this version by using the custom component. I guess your screenshot is from the custom component as well, but it’s not the latest version. Maybe you can give the version from the link above a try.

How will that work for my car? Mine is a rex which has both gas and electric. Either you can auto detect or you can add a config to show gas, electric, or both I guess

It will work fine. It auto detecs which type of car you have.
Already saw the results of a hybrid car (and also a i3 without rex) and that works great.
Just give it a try :grinning:

Works great (thank you!!!). Any way you can add an option for “miles” instead of kilometers?

I will have a look at the unit to see if it can be determined automatically. I guess your app also shows miles by default?

Can you share a screenprint of the HA sensors so I can do some last checks if everything is showing as I expect?

My BMW iPhone app shows miles - It’s probably doing the conversion based on the region you are in.

I am really missing the fact I can’t get this on my 2016 440i BMW. I will have to replace it just to get the new NBT version :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshots.

The sensor.i3_94_rex_charging_status is missing due to a bug in my code. That has been fixed in the meanwhile. Can you download the latest version of the sensor here and try to see if that is correctly added now?

The distance in miles is available in the data we have as shown in https://github.com/m1n3rva/bimmer_connected/blob/master/test/responses/I01_REX/status.json#L19.
So let’s see if we can use the HA unit_system setting to determine what will be shown.

Edit: showing the distance in miles is WIP.
Does the app show you the remaining fuel in liters or gallons?

My 2016 F10 M5 is showing unknowing for mileage, remaining fuel, and remaining fuel range, but my 2018 740 is showing everything right.

Have you tested with an i3s as I only get remaining_fuel and remaining_range_fuel when it is a electric only car?

(I might have made a setup error as I’m not a power user)

Thank you for the work on this component btw.

Yes it’s tested with an i3. See this post for screenshots.
Make sure you download the custom component which is mentioned in this post.

Tried changing ha unit, no difference. My BMW app shows miles but this HA component shows KM.

Currently the component will always show km. It’s on our list to add the functionallity to get the units from the HA settings and use that in the component.

Awesome, thanks

The next HA release 0.70 will contain support for electric/hybrid cars and also some extra binary sensors for all cars.

One of the new sensors is a binary sensor which shows the condition based services. Below an example of the warning that the oil status is pending for maintenance.

screenshot_cbs

Short question: to get this even working (using api etc. from bmw), the “Remote Services” is required, can someone confirm this? Or deny if its working without? Thanks

Remoted Services are used for i.e. locking/unlocking the car. So for that part it is required I guess as we use the same API as the app.

Maybe the info on the mileage, range etc. is available if you don’t have Remoted Service enabled. If it’s not enabled for you please try and let us know which info is available.

Yeah unlock/lock etc. is the main purpose of the remote service.

I tested the bmw app before i had the remote service to check if i get the information only (like “distance left”, “oil left” …) and this only worked when i connected my phone directly via usb to the bmw. As the service person also told me, you can only get the information without direct connection if you have the remote service. I can confirm this.

So before i had the remote service, the status.txt file didnt had any useful information. Now i do get the correct values. So the API of bmw is only avaible if you have the remote service. Thats my conclusion. Would be good to add to the information of the component.

Edit: information is for germany

Doing some checks on this with some other users and if they can also confirm, we will add the info.