BMW ConnectedDrive component

I will try at soon I come to my system. I will create a custom component and try it then. Today late afternoon

Thereā€™s an update on that bimmer_connected issue which suggests it probably needs a bit more than that. But it shouldnā€™t be too hard to get working again.

I was not able to make it work. seems we need to wait till the bimmer connected package is updated

Confirming Iā€™m having the same config issue, has been working flawless for months then from Saturday 15/02/20 invalid config.

bmw_connected_drive:
bmw:
username: !secret USERNAME_BMW_CONNECTED_DRIVE
password: !secret PASSWORD_BMW_CONNECTED_DRIVE
region: rest_of_world

not sure if itā€™s a issue with BMW servers or a change they made, or the latest version of HA 0.105.4

Keen on finding a fix as I use this integration a lot.

Frenck on github iā€™m aware is pretty clued up on the BMW connected drive integration, perhaps may be worth reaching out to him.

Can anyone on a lower version confirm they are getting the same? It seems like it is integration related not HA version but would be nice to confirm

Did you mena HA version or bimmer_connected? Iā€™m on 0.105.2 of HA and I have the same problem. Not sure if that is far enough back to be of use

HA version but according to https://github.com/bimmerconnected/bimmer_connected/issues/150 itā€™s not HA, BMW changed the connection url it seems.

If itā€™s not working on 0.105.2 then itā€™s most likely BMW side, as mine worked previously on HA 0.105.2 , 0.105.3 - with 0.105.4 I think it must of been purely coincidental that I upgraded during the same time BMW changed something.

This is caused after BMW made a change to their API (so has nothing to do with a HA version).

PR is made -> https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/31894.
The PR also fixes the maxFuel issue mentioned in some posts.

@gerard33 thank you for the fix.
Iā€™ve copied the code from github and created a costum component for the time being. And it is working again.

1 Like

Thanks. Since 0.105.5 doesnā€™t appear to be scheduled, Iā€™ve updated both files manually in my docker container:
/usr/src/homeassistant/requirements_all.txt
/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bmw_connected_drive/manifest
to reflect version 0.7.0
In case someone else like me canā€™t wait for 0.106.0

ah, thatā€™s even a better way then my ideaā€¦ I will change it as well. becaus I cannot wait till the next version :slight_smile:

1 Like

done nothin, working againā€¦

1 Like

Same, works out of the blue, nothing changed, on 0.105.4

1 Like

Confirmed ! Itā€™s working again for me.

Working OK for me too, just rebooted HA.

Perhaps BMW had a change of heart and rolled out an update?

Hi there,

Not sure if it fixed by itself, but just in case, Iā€™ve upgraded the bimmer component and now is working again.

Iā€™m using docker, and for the record in case someone wants to upgrade it, this is what I did:

1. Connect to server
  2. docker ps | grep -i ā€œhomeassistant/ā€
  3. docker exec -it NAME_OF_HOME_ASSISTANT_CONTAINER /bin/bash
  4. pip install --upgrade bimmer_connected
  5. Restart of container

Be careful to just RESTART (stop + start) the container and not rebuild/recreate it! or your changes will be lost!

Regards

1 Like

confirming - working for me, didnā€™t have to do anything apart from a core restart.

Thanks

works for me to

It seems that BMW has changed something back regarding the ā€˜oldā€™ API which makes the integration work again.

The PR which upgrades to bimmer_connected 0.7.0 that uses a new URL for authentication has been merged and will be part of HA 0.105.5.

1 Like