BMW ConnectedDrive component

ah, it seems a bmw connecteddrive issue. I’m not even able to login into the webpage. So I guess we just have to wait

Seems to be back up now - just noticed location has updated to Work and mileage has updated.

Can now get in via the App as well. Hopefully be able to get the new car set up on it later.

1 Like

yes, mine is back as well

Welcome to the HA family lol.
Since you’ve only been started using HA, I’ll suggest the easiest way for you.
Add a Button Card, Tap_Action -> Call Service than you can choose the aircon service.
Also check out the side bar for Developer Tools -> Services to find out what Service Data needs to be filled in.

1 Like

I am receiving 404 error on the efficiency url since March 17th in us. Is it working for you ?

“statusCode”:404,“requestUrl”:“https://ise-bev-prod-us.bmwgroup.net/bev/vehicle/efficiency/v1/XXXXXXXXXXXX

Other API calls I use are still ok, just efficiency seem to be missing

Having the same issue with efficiency endpoint. Is there any resolution available?

Can the trips (consumption, speed etc.) be fetched with the component already?

hiya. nice topic
can anyone tell me where in windows to put the bmw.rules and bmw.items?
my path is C:\lab\ where i have the folders addons, conf runtime, userdata.

i install openHAB configured username and password on localhost:8080
i use visual studio code and opened bmwcdapi.py but when i run it:
PS C:\Users\dragos> & python c:/lab/conf/scripts/bmwcdapi.py
…running bmwcdapi.py
Status code 404
Warning: couldn’t get item Bmw_Region from openHAB
Status code 404
Warning: couldn’t get item Bmw_Username from openHAB
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “c:\lab\conf\scripts\bmwcdapi.py”, line 336, in
main()
File “c:\lab\conf\scripts\bmwcdapi.py”, line 300, in main
c = ConnectedDrive()
File “c:\lab\conf\scripts\bmwcdapi.py”, line 62, in init
self.bmwUsername = self.ohGetValue(“Bmw_Username”).json()[“label”]
KeyError: ‘label’

how can i get the interface in openHUB?
thanks!

I believe you are in the wrong forum :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Don’t use bmwcdapi.py as that’s very old and not maintaned as stated on my Github page, so it will not work anymore.
The library we use is → GitHub - bimmerconnected/bimmer_connected: 🚘 Library to query the status of your BMW or Mini from the ConnectedDrive portal

But you have to find at yourself how to integrate with openHAB as the library is designed to be used with HA and this is also the HA forum :wink:

My BMW ConnectedDrive stopped working with the latest update of HA, does anyone else see a similar issue?

Having a similar problem trying to get data for a Mini.

It’s not isolated only on the newer HA, it doesn’t work for the previous versions either. BMW integration is the culprit, or the old BMW API, to be more specific - BMW is probably preparing for complete shutdown of the old API and migration to MyBMW app.

Looks like some more info here:

Thanks. I’ll subscribe there.

The PR with a fix for rest_of_world users is here → Fix login to BMW services for rest_of_world by rikroe · Pull Request #54261 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

3 Likes

Nice, works like a charm. Thank you!

The most recent PR update got things working again for me (as far as sensors for charge level, mileage etc.) but when I try to send command to activate climatization it’s not working. Anyone else noticing the same thing? I’ve always service call of: bmw_connected_drive.activate_air_conditioning along with the vehicle’s VIN number. Maybe something has changed?

Yes, same problem here, so I checked – there’s a bug already logged in the bimmer_connected library.

The fix is in progress:

The latest updates regarding the BMW integration can be found in this post → BMW Connected drive doesn't work anymore? - #49 by gerard33