Bosch Indego

I have uploaded a fix of the custom_component. This has still errors, and is a work-in-progress. But for now, you can at least get the state of the Indego mover in HA.

The Custom component had some breaking changes some versions ago, that is why this old CC didnt work.

I am working on developing a new Custom Component. This new component will give you the state of the mover, and also be able to control the mover (start, pause, return to dock).

If I am lucky (I am no programmer!) and have the time maybe I can implement alerts, map, schedule, reset blade hour counter and all other cool functions.

Kind regards Jens

2 Likes

This is awesome, thanks! Just one question, should the location in ā€œconfig/custom_componentsā€ not be ā€œconfig/custom_components/bosch_indegoā€

AS per the description on the install, you state that the files should be placed into the root of custom_components folder, but I think that these should be placed into a bosch_indego directory in the custom components directory?

Anyway, thanks for all your work on this, look forward to watching all the other functionality appear! Let me know if you need help testingā€¦

I know that the files uploaded may not work. Sorry for that!

Update since last post:
I have learned a lot about Python and development.
I have written an python API for all the data pulling from the Indego cloud service. I can get status, percentage lawn mowed, name of mower, serial number, mower modeā€¦
I am in the process of creating a python package at pypi.org for the python api files. This is a neccesary step in following the code writing guidelines from the HA community.

Left to do:
Re-write the custom component to use the pypi package.
Update the Github repository with an updated component

I will leave updates here with a few days apart.

Kind Regards Jens

1 Like

Today I have uploaded the first version of the pypi package: https://pypi.org/project/pyIndego
It is possible to install in an python environment via the command:
pip install pyIndego

Next step:
Rewrite the component on github to use this API package.
Document how to use the API package and the rewritten component

Kind regards Jens

Update: I have tested the python API package in Home Assistant and it loads fine.

Next step:
Rewrite the sensor code for the component to use the API package.
Document how to use the component.

Kind regards Jens

ADDITION: The forum prevents posting more than 3 posts in a row from the same author. So I cannot post more update posts. If you are interested in my work, please see the Github and pypi.org links above. Or post in this thread!

Following your work, will be awesome when it works I HA. And, now you can write a post again :grin:

Also following your github, soon anything new?

posting for updatesā€¦ :slight_smile:

Hey @jm_73 IN terms of installing the custom component, can you confim the location/directory name for the files? I am placing these in \custom_components\indego\ but just watned to check with you as to naming convention etc. Thanks

Been away for vacation for a week.

Regarding the Github repo, there are a non-working component there for now. I have one more thing to solve before posting new code to an working component. Hopefully I have the time this weekend to solve the remaining issue.

The positive side is that the pip package pyIndego seems to be solid with the basics at least. The remaining thing to solve is how to get the updates of the state of the mower into the sensor. I can get the state in python and in the log, but I have to code it right in the Home Asistant framework.

Kind regards Jens

Update 2019-07-24: Hassio version 0.96 broke my Custom Component. I have some more work in front of me now! Sorry for thatā€¦

1 Like

Some update:

New version on Github. Working sensor for the Indego Mower. It is just the mower state at the moment.
Really ugly code (please dont look), will probably break in updates. But at least something to play with when I learn HA development.

Please feel free to post issues and if it is working for you!

Kind regards Jens

@jm_73 Thanks for the update - when I look in the code the only file, that is changed, is sensor.py. As Iā€™ve had the sensor working until now with your code, can you tell more about whatā€™s new?

Thanks a lot for your work!

Hello!

New:
Changed the sensor from a domain to a platform.
Changed instructions
Removed faulty document
Can now rename mower in platform setup

Kind regards Jens

Cool. Is it correct that it now only updates every 5 minutes? And Can I just change that myself in indego.py?

Sorry, I cannot remember how often the ā€œoldā€ version updated. I have really been struggling to get the development going, so I have changed a lot in the code I am writing.

The ā€œnewā€ platform code is updating every 30/60 seconds I think. Havenā€™t clocked it, but is definitely more often than 5 minutes.

Regards Jens

Update: That is correct, the old code had a throttle of 5 mins. It is configurable in the component code, but not i the config.

Is there any other property that you want exposed from the Indego Mower?

I can solve it rather quickly as a temporary solution until the complete component is ready for release.

Regards Jens

cool ā€¦ I would like

• getMowed (percent)
  • getAlerts (count)
  • getNextPredicitiveCutting (datetime)
  • and maybe getMowingMode (?)

as sensors :slight_smile:

Hello!

New version on Github. The NextPredicitiveCutting seems to be broken in the API. Cannot solve it today.

/J

It is awesome what you already did - thanks!

will be there any possibilty to send commands to mower?

Not at the moment. As i know, it is not possible when the component is implemented as a platform.

I am working on an implementation that builds on the domain-type of custom component. As far as I understand, the domain can have different type of sensors and also services exposed to HA. Then I will be able to implement sending commands to the mower.

/J