Bose Soundtouch Integration showing DLNA players but as offline

Hello!

I’m fairly new but think that I’m quite OK already with how things work. But one thing I can’t get running out of the box and that is the integration of my two Soundtouch systems.

They are auto discovered but always shown as offline after adding them through the GUI. If I add them manually through the config file, everything works properly (they are not shown as devices only as entities, though). I can start playing presets, turn up and down the volume and use them in automations.

However, what I can’t seem to find out is how to add such manually added devices to areas as they do not have unique_ids.

What I would prefer is that I can add them trhough the integration as this should work from what I have read so far.

Any comments and tipps are highly welcome!

Thank you!

2 Likes

I can confirm the issue, I’ve got the same problem!

@maehmann @jmwood63
In case you are still using Bose SoundTouch speakers with Home Assistant, I have developed a custom component called SoundTouchPlus that breathes new life into the SoundTouch support. Here’s some more information in another thread on the details if you want to check it out.

Check out the GitHub project wiki for more detailed information and installation instructions (easy HACS install).

Hope it helps!