SoundTouchPlus Custom Integration

@Diegocampy Sorry about that - I see what you are referring to. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I found out what is causing this, and it is completely on me. It appears that I changed some logic in the media player state method, which returns the current state of the player. Prior to v1.0.28 (released on 2024/02/17), it was returning a state of MediaPlayerState.OFF when the device was in STANDBY mode; after v1.0.28, it was returning a state of MediaPlayerState.STANDBY, which is what you are seeing.

I just released v1.0.36 which will correct the problem. Please update to the latest release and give it a try.

My apologies for introducing the bug.

1 Like

What? Are you really apologizing? Don’t worry, you’re the developer, I’m a miserable end user. It seems to me the slightest sharing bugs to help you solve them. With the update everything works.Tomorrow I will try my automations, but already seeing off gives me hope

1 Like

Now All work fine. Thanks

1 Like

FYI - just released v1.0.42 of the SoundTouchPlus integration

[ 1.0.42 ] - 2024/05/03

• Changed all media_player.async_write_ha_state() calls to schedule_update_ha_state(force_refresh=True) calls due to HA 2024.5 release requirements. This fixes the issue of “Failed to call service X. Detected that custom integration ‘Y’ calls async_write_ha_state from a thread at Z. Please report it to the author of the ‘Y’ custom integration.”.
  • Added service get_source_list to get the current source list configuration of the device.
  • Modified media_player.service_preset_list service to update the extra state attribute named soundtouchplus_presets_lastupdated to correctly reflect the last update datetime.
  • Modified media_player.service_recent_list service to update the extra state attribute named soundtouchplus_recents_lastupdated to correctly reflect the last update datetime.
  • Added system health information.
  • Modified strings.json (and translations) to remove a placeholder inside single quotes that was embedded in a service description. This was causing hass validation step to fail.
  • Updated underlying bosesoundtouchapi package requirement to version 1.0.59.
  • Updated Python version from 3.11 to 3.12.3 due to HA 2024.5 release requirements.

I have developed a new Home Assistant SoundTouchPlus-Card custom card that adds front-end support to the SoundTouchPlus integration.

I created a separate thread for the SoundTouchPlus-Card on the forum for questions and issues related to the card.

More Information

Check out the following links for more information:

FYI - just released v1.0.43 of the SoundTouchPlus integration

[ 1.0.43 ] - 2024/05/20

• Added extra state variables related to recently played cache feature: soundtouchplus_recents_cache_enabled, soundtouchplus_recents_cache_max_items, soundtouchplus_recents_cache_lastupdated.
  • Added service recent_list_cache to retrieve the recently played items cache from the file system.
  • Added service remove_preset to remove the specified preset id.
  • Changed all media_player.schedule_update_ha_state(force_refresh=True) calls to schedule_update_ha_state(force_refresh=False) to improve performance. Suggested by @bdraco, along with an explanation of why. Thanks @bdraco!
  • Updated underlying bosesoundtouchapi package requirement to version 1.0.66.

FYI - just released v1.0.44 of the SoundTouchPlus integration

[ 1.0.44 ] - 2024/05/21

• Added extra state variable: soundtouchplus_websockets_enabled. Returns true if websocket support is enabled for the device; otherwise, false if device does not support websockets or if websockets were disabled during device setup.
  • Added extra state variable: soundtouchplus_polling_enabled. Returns true if device polling is enabled; otherwise, false. Polling can be a temporary condition, in that it will be enabled if websocket support is enabled and the connection is lost and has not been re-established yet.

FYI - just released a new version of the SoundTouchPlus integration

[ 1.0.45 ] - 2024/06/06

• Changed logic to access file system files via a hass.async_add_executor_job call. This fixes the issue of Detected blocking call to open inside the event loop by custom integration 'X' ... that was introduced with HA 2024.6 release.
1 Like

I have version 1.0.46 but it doesn’t work

Same problem with Spotify plus :hugs:

I’m aware of the issue. The HA 2024.6 release broke some more things in both integrations. I am working on a fix now.

[ 1.0.48 ] - 2024/06/08

• Fixed a bug that was causing ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list exceptions to be raised whenever the user changed configuration options for a device. This started appearing with the HA 2024.6.1 release.

@Diegocampy

1 Like

Thank you :pray:

[ 1.0.49 ] - 2024/06/10

• Updated underlying spotifywebapiPython package requirement to version 1.0.48.
1 Like

[ 1.0.50 ] - 2024/06/19

• Updated underlying spotifywebapiPython package requirement to version 1.0.59.
1 Like

Note - If you are using the SpotifyPlus integration, you will also need to update it as well since it uses the underlying Spotify Web API Python library.

[ 1.0.51 ] - 2024/06/21

• Updated underlying spotifywebapiPython package requirement to version 1.0.61.

Note - If you are using the SpotifyPlus integration, you will also need to update it as well since it uses the underlying Spotify Web API Python library.

[ 1.0.52 ] - 2024/06/21

• Updated underlying spotifywebapiPython package requirement to version 1.0.62.

Apologies for the back to back updates, but the underlying spotifywebapiPython update fixes a potential memory leak with the Zeroconf discovery process.

[ 1.0.53 ] - 2024/06/24

• Updated underlying spotifywebapiPython package requirement to version 1.0.64.

[ 1.0.54 ] - 2024/06/27

• Updated underlying spotifywebapiPython package requirement to version 1.0.71.

[ 1.0.55 ] - 2024/07/02

• Updated underlying spotifywebapiPython package requirement to version 1.0.73.
1 Like

I think new job for you @thlucas

this problem after update core to 2024.07.0