Brink Home or eBus integration for connection with Brink Renovent Excellent

@samuolis , I had some time today to play with the integration with my 400 unit. I recreated your code in node js and found the reason why the HA integration wasn’t working for me.
In brink_home_cloud.py on lines 113 and 114 you have
ventilation = parameters[0]
mode = parameters[1]
At least in my case the response from the API comes so that the correct position in the array is different. On index 0 is the state about the filter. The ventilation and mode follow next
ventilation = parameters[1]
mode = parameters[2]
Any idea what API methods would bring back flow rates and temperatures that show on the Brink website?

Hmm, I only propagated parameters that could be changed, but there was a lot more sensors. Just did not had time to implement them, you can always contribute to implement them, as at the moment I stopped using that, because it is still via cloud and I decided just to move to smart socket with on/off switch

@samuolis, what is the URL to get other sensor data?
I created an automation in HA to change the speed of the ventilation depending on air quality in the house and it works very well. So I achieved my main goal, but would be good to get all possible data from the system, just for completeness.
I sent an email to Brink technical support and waiting to see if they will give me any info about the API.

It should be same as declared to get speed, I remember that was the only one URL to get all data related to all sensors

@samuolis, I tried these two methods to do the following:
GetAppGuiDescriptionForGateway?GatewayId=XXX&SystemId=XXX - gets info on mode and power
WriteParameterValuesAsync - sets mode and power
and I don’t see how to get other sensors data.
Please let me know how you did it.

Thanks

Try to use Postman with this API, I remember there were a lot more parameters, but I could be wrong, but I guess it should be good

Have you managed to somehow get around the fact the machine gets back to the default setting after some time? Also - I am considering keeping my wal mounted controller as well, but I am affraid that it will be re-writing the values that I put through ebusd - I think I saw somewhere onlien a trick to deal with it, but can no longer find it, so I am looking for other users of Brink Renovent who might be able to help. :pray:

By any chance, were you able to get some response from Brink about the API?

Sure, that was easy. The machine sets again the default value automatically if no other value is set every minute or so, so I just have an automation that every so often (maybe 60 seconds?) sets again the current value. If you set the current value all the time, the machine wont go back to the result.

I have however removed my wall screen. It’s useless now. It’s on a drawer.

1 Like

This is great, thank you!

FYI, I managed to go through decompiled Brink Service Tool plus parse some messages my Air Control wall controller is sending and I placed them in a repo - turns out there is another way to set the flow mode, that does not fall back to default value after a minute - it stays on for hours, perhaps forever in my case of Brink Renovent Sky 300 HRU. In case this is interesting for anyone, the message is:

w,,FanMode,FanMode,,,40cb,0101,,,UIR,0=Holiday;1=Reduced;2=Normal;3=High,,
1 Like