Broadlink AC Integration (AC Freedom) (AUX, Dunham, Rcool, Akai, Rinnai, Kenwood, Tornado, Ballu)

I have the same issue:

Start Monitor…
(200, (‘192.168.1.100’, 80))
Stopping

I have an AUX ac with AC Freedom app. I have tried both the Docker container and the Python version of the plugin on the host (I run a new HA container), and I get the same result above.
Watching this topic for interesting develoments.
I could help, not sure what you need, I’m not on Telegram though.
These AC units are super common where I live.

what python version? i’ve updated the code few minutes ago to work on 3.11.

also, make sure you don’t use the ac_freedom app at all, the AC’s are to slow and cannot respond to requests from more than 1 client.

ok

been testing . Seems like the new broadlink devices (what these AC’s are) have new function called “lock”.

So seems one might be able to go into some of the apps and unlock the device,
OR one can try setup the device using the broadlink app. https://www.broadlink.ae/broadlink-app
You use the generic wifi device and setup with that. (mine worked, but mine is old)

> Broadlink will now, by default, lock your device when it is configured so that it cannot be reached by local devices. This will prevent this plug-in from discovering or connecting to the device. To unlock either abort the setup process when you're prompted for a room, or follow these steps:
> Open the Broadlink app
> From the Home screen, tap on your Broadlink device
> Tap the ... in the top right
> Scroll down and toggle "Lock device" to Off
> Tap OK when prompted "Confirm to unlock the device"
1 Like

Thanks for looking into this.
Still no luck.
The AC Freedom app doesn’t have a way to unlock the device.
So I removed the AC from the app and installed the Broadlink app.
But I couldn’t setup the AC with the Broadlink app, generic wifi device. It gets stuck on the AP setup method, it just keeps saying to connect to device AP even when I am already connected to the AC***** wifi, it looks like it’s not recognizing the wifi as correct and the setup never goes on.
So I reinstalled the AC Freedom app, redid the setup there, exited before selecting the room as per instructions, AC is connected to wifi, not showing in the app, but the plugin doesn’t work anyway, I tried again both docker and system Python. Same output as above, just stopping continuously.
Python version: 3.10.6

Hi,
I have an new AUX ac, and I’ve done these steps too, but I can’t unlock the device with the app either. The broadlink app doesn’t recognize the climate for me either.
Phyton: 3.10.6

Hi all!

I was able to over come the following issue:

Start Monitor…
(200, (‘192.168.1.100’, 80))
Stopping

I have downloaded the latest AC Freedom app. Than i started to add my device. When it promts you to select a room, just close the app. Your AC should be available on your network by then.
After that i have restarted the addon and everything was working fine.

2 Likes

pondering if one can do network sniff to see how the lock the device, so one can maybe unlock it as well.

My AC’s are to old , don’t have the lock issue… so will need someone to setup enviroment where one can sniff the cloud and local broalink traffic…

Hi, How can i help this troubleshoot? I have to use wireshark?
If you give me instructions, I will try do that. :slight_smile:
My AUX Modell: ASW-H12CDC4

I have v2.3.2 ACFreedom app on IOS, this is the newest.

I sent a request to join the group, I am member of the Home Assistant core team, I also thought about writing an official integration for this, however I am in the same situation as others with a new AC that doesn’t work. Ping me if I can help, would be really nice to have an official integration.

3 Likes

Please do. This would be really nice if it was officially supported!

maybe a stupid question. But how do I ensure that I can add 4 air conditioners? as soon as i add the 2nd with the data it stops working

• ip: 192.168.30.40
    mac: a043b0e58577
    name: masterbedroom ac
    port: 80
  • ip: 192.168.30.45
    mac: a043b0e59874
    name: keuken ac

Here is my configuration if it helps:

• ip: 10.10.10.139
    mac: c8f742348bec
    name: Living Room AC
  • ip: 10.10.10.80
    mac: a043b008e504
    name: Office AC
  • ip: 10.10.10.79
    mac: a043b0088f14
    name: Home Cinema AC

The ip should have a dash instead of a bullet.

I am also facing same issue as before. I tried to use AC freedom v2 and stop before adding to the room, also tried to install AC Freddom v1 but it crashes. Unfortunately I am getting socket timeout with monitor.py and getting Stopping Starting loop on the add-on.

Any suggestions?

Hi ! andremain. I’m new to Home Assistant. I Wonder hoy to Run the apt Command i dont ges it if i need another computer running. Im running on a Raspberry pi. I Wonder where i can Run the comandante Lines.

You dont need to use apt for this. once you install the HASSIO addon you need to paste these into the configuration tab of the AC MQTT proxy addon.

just make sure discovery is set to false

Hi I have a problem with:

String does not match the pattern of “^(?!(mqtt)$)\w+$”.yaml-schema: http://schemas.home-assistant.io/configuration

I have the last version of HA
@andremain do you know how fix it?

It was my fault. It was vscode suggestion.

Do you have mqtt addon installed and configured?

I had a similar problem, I couldn’t connect the air conditioner to Wi-Fi using AC Freedom. But then I found the Broadlink E-control app on Google Play. It’s old, but it works for me

Hi all.
I’m using:
Home Assistant 2023.2.3 Supervisor 2023.01.1 Operating System 9.5 (virtual machine on Synology)
I have configured AC MQTT proxy for home assistant (0.6.2) and Mosquitto broker (6.1.3).
My AC freedom is v2.3.0.
But I’m not able to connect to my Aux AC:

s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun broadlink-ac-mqtt (no readiness notification)
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started
Starting Monitor…
(200, (‘192.168.1.33’, 80))

Any idea how can I fix it?

I see two problem related with mqtt.

and

Restart the addon a couple of times.