Broadlink devices missing since Python venv upgrade

Yes, I do install python 3.6.4 when do upgrade it install 3.6.4 in my lastest hassbian.
Change env that use in HA from 3.5 to 3.6.
In my hassbian have python 2.7 (come with hassbian , 3.5 come with HA and 3.6 manual install and change env from 3.5 to 3.6 for HA, alternative HA installation method)
Regarding broadlink component (switch). Use python 3.5 before change env to 3.6
Broadlink S1C (Security system, motion and door/windows sensor use python 2.7 (As it only support with python 2.7)

When I reboot, home assistant works and shows that I use python 3.6.4. However, Broadlink S1C devices not show up in HA at all.

So, I have to back use with python 3.5 like before.

I already posted those above :wink:

You can’t just switch the virtual environment to use the 3.6 version of Python, you’ve got to rebuild it.

1 Like

Exactly I have try from your post aboved. Passed to install python 3.6.4 and create new env with python 3.6 for home assistant, I see this create correctly by check python version and from HA packages also in python 3.6. But my broadlink device won’t show in HA.

I’ve split this out, since it’s going to be easier all around to keep your problem in it’s own thread.

How did you integrate those SC1 devices? Did you remove the Python 2.7 install?

1 Like

No, I didn’t remove python 2.7
In my hassbian has python 2.7, 3.5 and 3.6
I use broadlink S1C from mqtt run by pi user as it support only python 2 not python3
Home Assistant install from homeassistant user , install HA in a virtual Python environment. So before I change to python 3.6. HA is using python 3.5. I see from python 3.5 packages.

Before install python 3.6, I stop ha. Install python 3.6 and create new virtual python enviroment with python 3.6. then move ha to python 3.6. Follow from the instruction link you provided.
Restart Ha. Everything works good except the broadlink devices that don’t show up. Also no error.

the rebuild. if you mean follow the instruction (make) yes. I make a very slow way make not make -j4 , so it tooks me like 2 hrs.
The instruction part that I didn’t do is the zwave. I don’t have any so I didn’t do that part.

So, with your Broadlink S1C using MQTT, the upgrade of HA shouldn’t have impacted that at all.

Have you checked your MQTT server to see if they’re still reporting in. You can use tools like MQTT Spy and subscribe to # to see all messages.

The mqtt works fine because it shows multisensor(mqtt) works correctly.

Other things may be reporting in, but you still need to check that :wink:

I didn’t test from ssh directly.
However, on HA frontend I have sensor to check mosquitto process is working and other devices that use mqtt work the same and show in the frontend.

I will try by using from ssh this evening and see if they show the result from broadlink sensors

Thank you very much.
Sun