Broadlink, IR and HVAC

I am planning to use a Broadlink RM Mini 3 to control an air conditioning unit. Ideally I would have a panel that looks somewhat like a generic air conditioning remote to control the temperature, but it looks like a more easily achievable option is to setup an input slider, with each position being a 1 degree temperature increment.

Has anyone found a clean way to map the values of the slider to a packet value in broadlink/send_packet? For example, I need to send one packet when the value is 20C, a different one for 21C, etc.

I see an example to call a service with the value of an input_slider, but I can’t see a clean way to do something like a switch statement based on the value.

Has anyone built anything like this?

You could use the floorplan, same as I do for my TV/Sound Bar + all my other remotes when I get round to them. I don’t think you can easily do it any other way.

Thanks for the idea. Do you have a way to keep state of channels or volume levels in your setup? For example, if I have a temperature up button I need to track the current value (for that device) of temperature, increment and send the corresponding packet. I’m curious if you have a sample config to share that does something similar?

Well you could presumably use an input slider and a loop to set/track a particular temp. Since I would assume that your remote only sends up/down in 1degC/F ? However no I don’t keep a state of channels/vol levels, the main thought was that you could mimic the remote and use some automation’s to push the temp up/down or use your finger on your phone.

anything new here? im looking for the same thing
thanks

check the the broadlink ac integration through climate.mqtt: AC Temperature with Broadlink

A bit late to the party here, but for those of you who have Panasonic A/C units, and don’t want to use the built-in support of the Broadlink devices (they don’t include key settings, like swing mode), you can learn the miriad codes for the various cominations of mode/fan/swing/temp etc. or use mine.

Use the broadlink component with the great work by stanvx for the UX side of things, and the codes I dumped here. I’ve also dropped in a couple of scripts to aid with learn/dump IR codes.

1 Like