Broadlink learning climate

Hi, I’m trying to use my AC with a broadlink remote and SmartIR… the brand isn’t in the listed ones, but the remote is compatible with another AC on my house that is listed… anyway, I couldn’t make it to work, and I already tried a lot of device_code… so I tried to use the learning feature and it seems that the only command that I can learn is “power”, and the command is not on any of the json files on the repo…

JgDKAJGOEzQTERM0EzQTERMREzQTERMREjUTERMREjUTNBMREzQTERM0EzQTNRM0ExETNBM0EzUTERIRExETERM0ExETERM0EzQTNRMQExETERMRExETEBMRExETNBM1EjUTNBM0EayRjhM1ExESNRM0ExETERM0ExETERI1ExETEBM1EzQTERM0ExETNBM0EzUTNBMREzQTNBM1ExESERMRExETNBMRExETNBM0EzUSERMRExETERMQExETERMREzQTNBM1EjUTNBEADQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

other buttons aren’t detected as commands, the broadlink led keeps on, an it simple timeout…

am I missing something? anything to check/test to get the remote working?

thanks!

Probably not. AC manufacturers are notorious for making IR codes that are incompatible or difficult to use with learning remotes. They put gaps in the code, change the code a button sends depending on the current state of the device, use checksums, use odd carrier frequencies etc…

This is how I used to do it when I was using IR control:

What model is your AC?

hi , could you please explain briefly how to add state for the entities

#Broadlink.yaml
#Examples for your Configuration.yaml
  - platform: broadlink
#    host: 10.0.0.83
    mac: 'C8:F7:42:40:AF:85'
    switches:

- name: "TIT_TV"
        command_on: "JgBWAJKSExETNhI3EzYTERITExESExISEjcSNxI3EhISEhMSEhITEhISEjcTNhISEhMSEhISEzYTNhITEhISNxI3EjcSNhIABfWSkhM2EgAMN5GTEjcSAA0FAAA="
        command_off: "JgBWAJKSExETNhI3EzYTERITExESExISEjcSNxI3EhISEhMSEhITEhISEjcTNhISEhMSEhISEzYTNhITEhISNxI3EjcSNhIABfWSkhM2EgAMN5GTEjcSAA0FAAA="

- name: "room_FAN"
        command_on: "JgBIAAABLZMTExITExISExMSFBISExITEzYTNxI3EzcTNhM3EzYTNhMTEhMSExM3EjcSExMSFBISNxM2FDYTEhMSFDYSNxM3EgANBQ=="
        command_off: "JgBIAAABLZMTExITExISExMSFBISExITEzYTNxI3EzcTNhM3EzYTNhMTEhMSExM3EjcSExMSFBISNxM2FDYTEhMSFDYSNxM3EgANBQ=="

#==================