Broadlink RM Mini 3 code database / Samsung TV HDMI selection

Hello,

I just received my Broadlink RM Mini 3. I successfully captured the codes from my Samsung remote. However, there is no official button to switch between HDMI and TV via a single button press. You have to press the source button multiple times, which makes it difficult to switch back an forth between HDMI and TV. TV to HDMI requires two times the source button and the opposite direction requires three times the source button.

Therefore, I was trying to capture the “Change input to HDMI” and “Change input to TV” IR commands send by my Harmony. However, those captured codes do not work with the Broadlink RM Mini 3. Strangely, they do if I capture them via the iOS app.

Long story short: I was looking for a database or repo e.g. on Github, where people collect captured codes to be used within HASS. Otherwise, it would be nice if someone could share a working code for switching directly to HDMI and TV respectively.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Sascha

1 Like

Hi,
You can try looking here, but you will have to convert them…
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/samsung/tv_functions/

Here may be better…

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/thread.cgi?5780

and you can convert them here…

http://tomeko.net/online_tools/hex_to_base64.php?lang=en1

so HDMI1 =
0000 006D 0000 0022 00AC 00AC 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0040 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0689

and converted …

AAAAbQAAACIArACsABUAQAAVAEAAFQBAABUAFQAVABUAFQAVABUAFQAVABUAFQBAABUAQAAVAEAAFQAVABUAFQAVABUAFQAVABUAFQAVAEAAFQAVABUAFQAVAEAAFQAVABUAQAAVAEAAFQBAABUAFQAVAEAAFQBAABUAFQAVAEAAFQAVABUAFQAVABUAFQaJ

Ready for use with HA and broadlink :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks! However, my broadlink does not send this code. There is no error within the log. I just recognized it, because the LED does not flash white while executing the script.

Here is my code:
https://github.com/TribuneX/home_assistant/commit/2f04b5ff9919e3b68ca96db4de69249ed659dd33
The additional space in front of sequence was fixed in a later commit.

I played around with all sorts off padding to make the Broadlink send my commands captured from my harmony, but without any luck.

I currently only have the power toggle command, which makes it hard to not accidently switch off a device while its already on or the other way around.

It would be really nice, if there was a database to get the exact codes for using in HASS.

I still have no luck with capturing the IR commands from my Harmony. Did someone manage to successfully capture a command with the RM Mini 3 and replay it?

It works without an issue with the normal remote. But there I am missing a discrete on / off command for both the TV and the Onkyo. As a workaround, I can switch on the TV by sending channel up. Unfortunately, there is no such command for my Onkyo. Therefore, I am limited to the power toggle command. If I don`t know the init state, I might switch off the receiver instead of switching it on.

Any suggestions here?

Hi Tribune,

are you sure that your infrared code ist correct? I had similar issues and the problem was a missing = sign at the end of the code.

Also: check out this app “Sure Universal Remote”

It works with the RM Mini and has many codes for Samsung TV. The nice thing is that you can use the same Broadlink RM device for receiving and sending the Code at the same time. This is how I captured a direct HDMI1 switch code and separate on and off codes for my TV while it wasn’t working with the normal TV Remote.
2 Likes

Thanks! I did not know that I can send and receive / capture codes at the same time. That helped a lot.
In addition one should always copy the codes from the log, since I sometimes missed the “=” at the end, when I copied the codes from the GUI. Some codes end with two “=” symbols.

Is your Samsung TV A Smart TV and is it on your Network?

I have a Mini 3 here, but had similar issues with my Sony TV and not being able to select one input and also power toggle as it doesn’t do “Off” over IR.

I also have a Samsung TV in the bedroom.

I ended up using:

And

Instead of IR, works perfectly well for me.

My TV (luckily) does not have a SMART functionality. Since I got the right codes now, everything works fine with the Broadlink.

Can you provide the codes?

1 Like

You can find the codes I am using here:

2 Likes

I’m using this on my TV.

http://s.aliexpress.com/yqQVBBv2

Each inputs come with their own button.

You can teach your RM mini the signal from the included remote control and use it to switch to any input.

1 Like

:smiley: thanks for the reply! I’ve been poking through some of your zanzito voice command stuff recently, I really appreciate all the input you’ve given around here. Deleted my post cause I was stupid, I figured out that the app linked up above would work on an old android phone we had lying around. I was able to get the codes I needed using the app and the learn function of the broadlinks.

1 Like

I wish to have two different codes for ON and OFF to be sure to send the correct command. Any hint?

for a new 2017 samsung tv

Yes, check out this app “Sure Universal Remote”. It contains a lot IR commands for Samsung. However, you have to use the learn command function to get the code.

There are a lot more apps like this out there.

I can send you my on and off commands later but it would not be guaranteed that they work with your TV. I have a KU6179.

Yes please send, thanks

this works for my samsung tv:

- platform: broadlink
  host: 192.168.1.xx
  mac: 'xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx'
  friendly_name: IR Control
  type: rm_mini
  switches:
    fernseher:
      friendly_name: Fernseher
      command_on: 'JgBGAJWPFTMTNRQ0FA8UDxQPEhESERI2EjYTNRQPFA8UDxUOFQ8SNRQPFA8UNBQ0EhESERI2ExAUNBUzFQ4VDxUzFDQUDxQADQUAAA=='
      command_off: 'JgDSAJaUEzYTNxI4EhISEhMSERMRExI4EjgSNxMSEBQSEhITEBQRExITERMRNhU3EhMQFBI3EzcSOBM2EhMRExI3EjgSEhIABgCUlBI4EzYUNhITERMSEhITEBQSNxM3EjgTERISEhMRExISERQRExISEjgSOBMRERMRORI3EzcTNxETERMRORI3ExISAAYAlJQTNhI4EzYUERISEhMRExISEjgSNxM3EhISExETEhITEhETEhMRExI3EjgTERITETgSOBI3EzcSEhITETgTNxISEgANBQAAAAAAAA=='
2 Likes

found
samsung_tv:
command_on: ‘JgBGAJaTFDYVNxQ2FRIVERUSFREVEhU1FjYVNhUSFBIVEhQSFRISOBYSFBIVNhU2FRIVERU3FBEWNhU2FRIUEhU3FDYVEhUADQUAAA==’
command_off: ‘JgBGAJSWEzcUOBQ3FBIUERQTEhIUExI4EzkTNxUSExIUEhMSFBIUERQTExEVNxQ3FBITEhQ4EzcUOBM3FBITEhQ4EzcVEhMADQUAAA==’

1 Like

now I have the media_player.samsungtv and now the switch.samsung_tv

Need to differentiate the name, so that is convenient to use with Alexa.

My problem is power on I need to do with infrared, while power off can be done with media_player (is connected with WiFi no WOL).

Hence will have two different commands for ON and OFF … suggestions?

simply create an input boolean that you publish to Alexa and then create an automation which triggers the corresponding action based on the change of the input boolean state.

Or you could just use the IR off command…wouldn’t that be easier.

Here are my codes:

switches:
    samtvpower:
      friendly_name: 'TV'
      command_on: 'JgBGAJGTETcSNRQ0FBASERMREhESEBM1EzcSNxESEhESEBQPFA8TEBM1EzUQExESERIREhISETcREhMREjQUNBU0EjYTNBQADQUAAA=='
      command_off: 'JgBGAJaPEjcSNhE3FA8TDhASEREUDxMzETcSNxMQEw4UDhEREhAUDxMOEREROBMzFQ4QEhE3EzYTMxU2FA8TDhE2EjcUDxMADQUAAA=='

By the way, here is my code for HDMI1 and TV

friendly_name: 'HDMI 1'
  command_on: 'JgBGAJOSEjcUMxUzFQ4UDhEREREUDxMzETcSNxMQEw4UDhEREhAUMxUOERERNxQPEzMRNxI3ExATMxUzEhEUMxIRExATDhQADQUAAA=='

friendly_name: 'TV Input'
  command_on: 'JgBGAJSQEDcRNxI0Ew8QEhESEhERDxM0ETYTNhEPEw8QEhIREg8TNBA3ERETNBM0EBIREhIREQ8TDxE2ExERDxM0EDcRNxIADQUAAA=='