Broadlink RM Mini 3 - Failed to send packet: The device storage is full

Please, help. For the last few days I’ve been trying to make the RM Mini 3 work with Home Assistant, but no luck so far.

• First, I used the IHC Broadlink Android app to connect the device to my wifi. No cloud services.
  • The Broadlink device has been assigned a reserved IP from my router, as well as all other devices I use.
  • Then I used the Broadlink Manager running in docker to learn and send commands. Works fine.

I run HA version: 0.114.4 in docker on Ubuntu server (not Hassio), I added this to my switches.yaml file:

- platform: broadlink
  host: 192.168.1.245
  mac: 24:df:a7:de:f7:e1
  type: rm_mini

But whenever I use the broadlink.send service from the developer menu, it just doesn’t send anything. An error message “Failed to send packet: The device storage is full” appears in the log.

I also tried rm_mini3_newblackbean and rm_mini3_redbean as type but this doesn’t help. I’ve found an issue topic on GitHub, but that was resolved by setting type to rm_mini, which obviously didn’t help me.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Based both on this thread and personal experience, have you tried adding them as remotes?

I have 2 rm mini 3s added as remotes in HA Core v0.114.4 in 3.7 venv:

remote:
    host: 192.168.1.238
    mac: 24:df:a7:d6:2c:e3
    type: rm_mini3_newblackbean
    name: "Living Room"
    host: 192.168.1.239
    mac: 24:df:a7:d6:12:5b
    type: rm_mini3_newblackbean
    name: "Bedroom"

Mine were configured configured without using a broadlink account and run without internet access (excluding NTP traffic).

@TazUk just curious, how did you block internet access? iptables? what kind of router do you have?

I run a full Unifi stack (network, protect) so have an IP list with restricted outbound access (DNS only) - all non-portable devices on our network have a reserved IP.