Broadlink RM Mini - Temperature/Humidity no longer available after recent HA OS update

I have a couple of Broadlink RM Minis in my house, and was pleased to see that I got temperature and humidity readout for free. However, after the last round of updates, I now see the following when I access those entities:

This entity is no longer being provided by the broadlink integration. If the entity is no longer in use, delete it in settings.

Is there a way to manually add it back in, or is access to this gone for good?

Same here. Have you found a solution?

same here. Why would this functionality be removed? It was very useful.

19may: 1 of my 3 is having this problem to. Why the other 2 still working…I have no clue.
In the BroadLink App I can see realtime temp/hum of all of them! (reboot , unplug couple of minutes did not help)

21may: it’s working again! (no clue why, was it because I updated the logviewer and reboot? would be strange)

I opened an issue here

1 Like

Well, the second of my remotes worked fine (same firmware as the one I reported back in Mar 23, see first post in this thread) until about a week ago when it too stopped reporting said values. Doesn’t seem to be much activity on the GitHub issue either.

Some people in the thread said that updating to firmare v62093 fixed it, but this thread on Reddit makes that firmware sound a bit suspect. Anyone else find a solution to this in the meantime? Anyone still have these sensors working, and if so, what firmware are you running on the remote?

6 RM4 Mini on Firmware 52078 and no problems at all with displaying temperature and humidity data.

What comes into my mind regarding the missing sensors, did you by any chance register your RM4 Mini(s) with the Broadlink cloud after configuring WiFi-settings through the Broadlink App on your Phone at initial setup?

There are some discussions about registering Broadlink IR’s/FR’s with the Broadlink cloud in this forum discouraging registering Broadlink devices to their cloud (pardon me, I have no links at hand, use the forum’s search function) .

If you have registered your RM’s with the Broadlink cloud before undo it by factory restetting those devices. When redoing the initial setup through the Broadlink App on your phone just stop after your RM has connected to your WiFi. Don’t continue with registering it to the Broadlink Cloud!

As said, the 6 RM4 Mini here are working without issues for years now but I have never registered them to the Broadlink cloud.

Rockstar, thank you! That did the trick. For those in the same boat, I did the following:

• Removed RM4 mini from the Broadlink app
  • Factory reset the RM4 mini
  • Re-added the RM4 mini to my network using the app (for the record, this process ended up hanging in the app, but the device ended up on the network so I just quit at that point)
  • Deleted the remote device from the HA integration
  • Re added the device using the IP of the device (it picked up the same IP as last time)
  • Temp and humidity sensors reappeared!
1 Like

I have an RM4 Pro, and I cant get it to work using these instructions for some reason. It works fine with the commands, just cant get the sensors to show in HA - Works fine in the app before I removed the device.