Broadlink rm-pro - change channels on the TV

Isn’t a remote the best way to change channels?

1 Like

Delay in changing.

I think my SD card is failing in my raspberry pi. It keeps reverting back to April 10th…

I’ve had to do some tweaking to get the channel changing to work better.

Now I have three sets of channel numbers in my script. One set is numbers you want to be punched first. second set is for the second number, third for third. Each set has a longer delay.

Seems to work well.

As this is my first post, just want to say hello to everyone!

How did you guys manage to expose scripts to Echo? My emulated_hue configuration is below, but when I check http://192.168.1.75:8300/api/pi/lights to see what’s exposed, I cannot see any scripts. Switches work without issues.

emulated_hue:
  type: alexa
  host_ip: 192.168.1.75
  listen_port: 8300
  expose_by_default: true
  exposed_domains:
    - switch
    - script

I put the scripts in a group so alexa could see them.

So if you have one script for alexa to see just make a group with one script.

Perfect! Thanks, it worked after adding “group” to exposed domains.

Ok, not quite there yet. I can see scripts in Alexa fine, but for some reason service boardlink.send_packet doesn’t work. I tried testing it from development tools and still no luck. I used same signal that I’ve got configured for switches, so I know signal is fine. I’m not sure about my JSON syntax, could you please confirm if this is correct?:

{ “data” : { “packet” : “JgB4AAkbDjsKJAlbCicLKAogCkQJAAGqChsJFwkXCSUJFwlOCRcJFwkACl8JGwo/CSUJXAkpCSkJIApECQABqgoWDjwJOQslCRcJTgkXDRMJAApfCRcNQAklCVwJKQkpCSAJRQkAAasJGAw8CTsJJQkXCU4JFwkXCQANBQ==” }}

Log entry:

17-05-15 19:53:21 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling Event call_service[L]: service_data=data=packet=JgB4AAkbDjsKJAlbCicLKAogCkQJAAGqChsJFwkXCSUJFwlOCRcJFwkACl8JGwo/CSUJXAkpCSkJIApECQABqgoWDjwJOQslCRcJTgkXDRMJAApfCRcNQAklCVwJKQkpCSAJRQkAAasJGAw8CTsJJQkXCU4JFwkXCQANBQ==, service=send_packet_192_168_1_80, service_call_id=3050937776-85, domain=broadlink>

I’m not using any JSON. Just the ymal in the config file.

tv_channel_2:
    alias: Channel 2
    sequence:
      - delay:
          milliseconds: 400
      - service: broadlink.send_packet_192_168_13_142
        data:
          packet: 
            - "OABIAA7IDVwNXA1cDzQNXA80DVwNXA1cDVwNXA1cDVwNXA1cDVwOyA1cDVwNXA80DVwPNA1cDVwNXA1cDVwNXA1cDVwNXA1cDwAMyw=="          

What I mean is, in order make sure that broadlink service fires off fine, I wanted to use Developer Tools, like on screenshot below. That’s when you need to add data in JSON format. But when I test service itself, nothing happens, even though same packet works fine on a switch. So either there’s something wrong with my broadlink.send_packet service, or I didn’t get JSON format right.

remember you have a limit of 49 items. Unless you use custom_components from shenning

Thanks claudio, I’ve got much less.

49 in total: scene, script, switch, lights, groups

Still less, could you test on your has that send_packet service from Development Tool and let me know if this JSON format I pasted above is correct?

I tried using the Developer Tool. It didn’t do anything to my Broadlink.
I can tell you my scripts work fine.
I think the Developer Tool is a waste of time.

Correct JSON format for devtools: { “packet” : [ “put_base64_here” ]}

1 Like