Broadlink RM4 Pro learning codes?

I just added a Broadlink RM4 Pro to my environment and having some problems with it -

I already have an RM3 mini and have successfully learned/set up several buttons that I use all the time however I’m having a bit more trouble with the RM4 Pro.

1. broadlink manager doesn’t recognize the device (0x649b) - unsupported device - this is ok because I’ve done learning through developer tools/call service before - I was able to learn and send IR codes so it was on my network and HA can talk to it.

2. I can’t get RF codes to learn or send. Interestingly enough I can’t even get them to work with the Broadlink IOS app. I followed the directions to learn on the app and then call the learn service on HA - nothing.

So where am i going wrong?

update:

I was able to get broadlink manager (docker version) to recognize my version of the RM4 pro by editing a couple of files and re-building the container.

Just like HA - I can capture IR codes, but not RF codes. When I try to capture RF, it just doesn’t see anything when I press buttons on my remote.

I also tried using the broadlink app method - capture the code in the app and then call the “learn” function - nothing. I am able to send RF codes through the broadlink app, but there doesn’t appear to be a way to get them out of the app.

Anyone know if those RF codes are stored locally on the IOS app somewhere so I can just learn them all and email the file to myself from my phone?

another update:

found that I need to use command_type: rf learning RF codes in HA.

still not working.

the behavior I’m seeing:

when I call the learn function in HA the LED on the RM4Pro lights up sold red/orange and stays lit as long as the function is running.

When I learn a command on the app - same thing. red LED turns on, and turns off when command is learned.

When I call the learn function in HA and then try to learn an RF command from the broadlink app (while the learn function is active), the app fails to learn the command but nothing is learned by the HA learn function either.

I’ve seen earlier versions of both the broadlink app and HA function that had a “sweep” function - I don’t see that anymore. Do I need to activate the frequency sweep somehow? do I need to speficy 315 vs 433 mhz somehow in HA?

I guess I’m on my own here…I’ll play with it over the weekend and just return the RM4Pro if I can’t get it working.

oh well.

got it working using this method:

however I had another problem - one of my remotes was just some oddball frequency that the RM4 doesn’t see…so I lost a bunch of time trying to learn RF codes that the RM4Pro just wasn’t capable of seeing.