Broadlink RM4 pro not getting Samsung Qled One remote keys

Like the title says, I purchased a Broadlink RM4 pro with the hopes of being able to emulate as many codes from my remote as I wanted (like the one in the picture). To my surprise, I doesn’t catch it!? what am I missing?

thanks in advnaced

1 Like

I’ll answer myself… to my surprise, this is quoting some staff from samsung:

The One Remote has IR, however, it is only for power. 
Everything else goes through Bluetooth. 

Is there a workaround for this? some other device than the broadlink or whatever? I know there are some custom components which have a virtual remote, but I was hoping to capture some more advanced features than those offered in those components. Any help will be much appreciated

Is that the only remote you have, I got that one and a normal button remote (IR) with my QLED tv

Yep, that’s the only one I got… I was hoping to change picture settings and sound settings mainly… Probably try to access the USB HDD with an RF command too

I use ESPHOME and that works fine for any buttons learnt on my IR remote.

Not sure if someone else could share the broadlink codes for Samsung QLED ?

Could you maybe buy a remote off ebay and learn the commands from that ?

I believe I can find those codes online, the IR codes but, maybe what I was trying to achieve is impossible. You know in this Qled tvs that there’s a sort of Alexa, a voice assistant. If you tell the voice assistant “USB”, it goes to the usb hdd. If you tell her “Dynamic Mode”, she changes picture settings to Dynamic. Can that be learnt by any of these learning devices like broadlink? so that when I trigger it in HA it emulates me speaking to the voice assistant.

Might be worth opening an issue here as they say they will try and find any missing codes:

This post might be of use:

I appreciate

Is there any device like the broadlink that can mimic Bluetooth commands from a Bluetooth remote?

Does anyone found a solution for this?

The modern QLED TV’s from Samsung have WiFi and connect into Samsung SmartThings.

Have you thought about using the Samsung TV integration (either Native or one of the additional ones on HACS)

It has almost all of the commands you would use from the remote.

For picture and sounds settings I ended up creating scenes in the smartthings app which show up in Alexa as scenes. Then I call for those scenes through an alexa integration.

EDIT

sadly for my particular TV none of the samsung integrations I tried allowed to change picture and sound settings. The only way I’ve been able to achieve that is with the workaround mentioned above.

1 Like

I found an issue using the method mentioned above. When creating scenes whithin the ST app, it forces you to set TV on. What happens is that sometimes when I manually turn off the TV using the remote the TV turns back on because some ST scene triggered a second before.

To avoid that I created some pistons using webcore and I call for those pistons through HTTP requests. It’s really easy to do and it doesn’t force you to to set the on state. Besides that there are a number of things doable through pistons which I’m still investing and can’t be done with the scenes like: start recording, stop recording, to name a couple…

For those who are looking for samguns IR hex codes, I have this ones working on my samsung q8 series: Samsung 4K TV QLED Q8 series (Hex IR codes for universal controls or homebridge). · GitHub