Broadlink RM4C - modify python library

Hi, I bought the RM4C and homeassistant says that this model is not supported. I tracked the problem down to python library called python-broadlink and the problem can be fixed by adding one line with the model type to the python script https://github.com/mjg59/python-broadlink/pull/476

I installed the ssh terminal plugin in order to find the boardlink-python library and modify the file by myself( I dont want to wait half year until it gets merged and released as official).

The question is: where is the broadlink library? is searched whole storage and found /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages but there is no such library.

Have a read up on custom components. I am definitely not an expert but I think that is the way to achieve what you want, replacing the existing Broadlink component.

Ok I couldn’t find it because the files was in running docker.
This is the command to enter the filesystem with libraries

docker exec -it homeassistant /bin/bash

I just purchased one too and was silly enough not to double check compatibility assuming it would work like the others. Hopefully this can be figured out as it’s a little bit more pleasing on the eye that the old Rm minis.

I got it working by following this steps:

1. Install and open SSH & Web Terminal addon
  2. type docker exec -it homeassistant /bin/bash
  3. Enter the command: cd /./usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/broadlink
  4. Open the file using the command: vi init.py
  5. Inside the file Type “i” (This will start edition mode on the file).
  6. Add under the section “Supported Types” the line 0x6539: (rm4, “RM4C mini”, “Broadlink”),
  7. Press ESC
  8. Type “:wq” and then press enter.
  9. Reboot HASSIO.

Getting a no such file or directory here after trying cd /./usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/broadlink
Looks like I’m missing one of the files.

Make sure you are in the docker image of homeassistant. Step 2. And disable protection option in ssh addon

Managed to get that and now I’m down to the " 1. Open the file using the command: vi init.py" bit, I entered that, hit enter and I got a lot of lines of ~ then I init.py 2/1 200% and under that I’m now seeing *1 [docker] not sure if I messed up or not

Does it work for you? I have the same bunch of lines of ~.

Edit: I follow this method and it worked.