Broadlink S3 hub and TC3 switch

You should have a “Unsupported device” error message in the log, do you?
Please show it.

Here you go:

Logger: homeassistant.components.broadlink.config_flow
Source: components/broadlink/config_flow.py:40
Integration: Broadlink (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 3:48:12 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:48:12 PM

Unsupported device: 0xa64d. If it worked before, please open an issue at Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub

I don’t think the S3 hub is supported in Home Assistant yet which is a real shame as these are the only switches that look good, work without neutral which is common in the UK.

I would love to see an integration for the S3 Hub in home assistant. Right now I have some smart switches that are not that smart without being integrated with Home Assistant :frowning:

Same here. The integration for the S3 would be nice.

Yeah S3 support would be awesome! More and more people using it as it’s seem to be sold everywhere on amazon right now. Would love to get mine integrated with Home Assistant

Yeh. Really need Broadlink S3 hub and TC3 wall switch support. Any way to do this manually.? Completely new to HA.

So much this as well. I wish I understood the first basics of what this would involve as it would be a massive win to get this working.

My plan is to use the Patreon virtual button to trigger an Amazon routine to toggle the switch and then set up a rest API button in Hass to trigger the virtual button.

Little round the houses but I had to something similar to get my heater in the office working properly.

1 Like

Any workaround for s3 hub on home assistant?

What is the next best thing we can do to work around the lack of support? Is there a way to control the light switches through Home Assistant in an indirect way? Something to comes to my mind is using a Google Assistant Relay, but is there a better option? Something that will also provide the status of the light switch?

Any news on if this is supported yet or if it’s in the works? these broadlink switches seems like the best option still.

I’ve also just got myself a new Boardlink switch and S3 hub. I didn’t really do much research prior to getting it other than; its a nice looking switch (if there is such a thing), and it integrates nicely into Google Assistant.

I’ve only recently started down the rabbit hole of home assistant and enjoying it immensely, but quite disappointed to find there is no support (HA or HACS) for the Boardlink S3.

So i have started to try and figure out if how I might communicate with the switch. I found documentation for a Broadlink SDK, but that was no help.

Has anyone else done any digging into this? If I can find out how to talk to the switch, i’ll just right my own integration for HA

1 Like

I have the same issue. The only broadlink integration is for the RM Pro IR blaster. I reached out to their support in the hope someday they might think about writing an integration for HA. Lord knows if they’ll listen.

In the mean time I see neutral free light switched from Aqara that do support HA. Quite pricey at £40 a pop and you need their zigbee/matter hub or another suitable alternative, which perhaps you have. They also do some nice sensors. Check out Paul Hibbert’s youtube chanel.

+1 on S3 hubs. I went ahead with LC1 due to price/quality but now stuck with HA (likely will need to do some automations in BroadLink app for sockets that HA can control so those trigger switches - I bit of backwards but oh well. Aqara looks good but nearly 2x the price so not an option to convert the entire house (although I use their sensors). Bounty to the hero who solves this puzzle within HA

+1 on the S3 stuff and the items for it. Bought a bunch of them, they seem to work rather well, however, it would be great if we have the ability to integrate with HA because the automations will be endless.

Also joining for the bounty for the people who do it.

Any early adopters please feel free to test you will potentially need to create a script to manage as the HA integration has not been created yet https://github.com/stevendodd/python-broadlink/tree/Add_Support_for_S3_Hub_0xa59c

See here for implementation: Broadlink S3 hub support - #14 by stevendodd

3 Likes

+1 for this, did anyone on this thread manage to get an integration up and running in the end for these switches? The only other option I can see on the market that won’t break the bank is the Aqara offfering, as mentioned earlier in the thread, but they don’t have a 3-gang option - which already rules out 2 of the switches I’m looking to replace!

Does anybody have some alternative Zigbee suggestions that can work locally with HA and are safe to go in my walls? I’ve wasted days looking into this now and all options seem to lead to a dead-end!

Yes, I am using these broadlink gen3 switches in my UK home. I have replaced 4 switches where its either not economical or possible to use Hue bulbs. One of the switches is a 3 gang in my Lounge and it all works well.

Follow the implementation guidance link above and you will get there.
you can either deploy it as a docker instance or run it as an apdaemon. This is what i am doing. The only tricky parts are creating the sub folder for the python scripts that get imported and then moving them to that folder. Also the YML script you create must use lower case for the entity names or it cocks up, Other than that it works well.

Failing this you’ll need to wait for the official implementation which has been pending for a long time and no indication when it will ever drop.

Hey all, I have just installed the docker and rest switch. It works for HA to control the LC1 switch, but how do i get HA to when the switches have been tripped/toggled

+1 for S3 hub and LC1 support. However, I have made a work around

If you use IFTTT, you can just create a trigger in IFTTT that turns off and on your boardlink switch. It’s useful in automations :slight_smile: