BSB-Lan integration

Should be there under integrations.

Let me know. I really need some time to get the integration more robust.
Which board do you have? Arduino mega or the due? It should still work with 1.0 firmware.

Itā€™s empty:

Iā€™m using Arduino due with the last version of bsb-lan.
If i can give you more logs or more info, tell me :slight_smile:

Donā€™t use the latest version. They are changing a lot. Use the latest release. 1.0 release is safe.
Next release of the integration will hopefully have a firmware check to see if the firmware is safe.

I think i use the v1 version:

I ve downloaded from master.

Here are the releases

Ok thanks, iā€™m on 1.1 patch 14, i will go with 1.0!

I switch back to 1.0 and integration is still empty, but, i have some logs now! :slight_smile:

Error fetching data: http://192.168.0.39/JQ=1610 failed with HTTPConnectionPool(host='192.168.0.39', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /JQ=1610 (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f20ee7e96d0>, 'Connection to 192.168.0.39 timed out. (connect timeout=10)'))
Error fetching data: http://192.168.0.39/JQ=8323 failed with HTTPConnectionPool(host='192.168.0.39', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /JQ=8323 (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f20ee7e9a60>, 'Connection to 192.168.0.39 timed out. (connect timeout=10)'))
Error fetching data: http://192.168.0.39/JQ=1612 failed with HTTPConnectionPool(host='192.168.0.39', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /JQ=1612 (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f20ee7f1400>, 'Connection to 192.168.0.39 timed out. (connect timeout=10)'))

Url are working so i donā€™t know why it fails. Maybe i need a bigger timeout?

If you are working on a new version (compatible with the 1.1?) i wonā€™t bother you so much, letā€™s wait the update :slight_smile:

Which heating circuit are you using? What are the parameters you read out when you are in the webserver of the bsblan board?

Iā€™m using circuit 1 but itā€™s off for the moment. (state is Schutzbetrieb, parameter 700)

What are the parameters you read out when you are in the webserver of the bsblan board?

Iā€™m not sure to understand

Hi, I am VERY new to Home Assistant. I configured LAN-Bsb on fhem which works nice since years.
How can I configure HA to read more parameters? I added something likeā€¦

sensor:
  - platform: bsblan
    payload:
      - '8700'
      - '8830'
      - '8740'
      - '8006'
      - '8003'
      - '1600'

into configuration.yaml without success. I would like to log hot water temp, outside tempā€¦

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'homeassistant.components.bsblan.sensor'

Could I get a hint on that?
Thanks!

got it!

sensor:
  - platform: bsb_lan

the ā€œ_ā€ was missing!

Hi there!
Itā€™s working now for me, i can see my climate entity, and with the last bsb-lan version!
Problem was that i wasnā€™t sending temperature to the 8740 parameter. Now itā€™s ok.

I have a new question, i ve got 2 heating system, one for the bedrooms and one for the living room.
Is it possible to have second climate entity ? (i see only one)

Great it works! I just started again working on the python lib for bsblan.

I am working on a overhaul. Some code in python lib is already written for second heating system.

I think the next release wonā€™t include this support yet. For now is the feature that I scan for parameters that are available so the climate device can have more entities (max-temp, min-temp, etc) if available.

But this paves also the way for more other devices and binary sensors. So hopefully this hackotober will bring some fruits.

1 Like

You are using the old bsblan component that is no longer maintained. I donā€™t know how the compatibility is with home-assistant. If you want to have a climate device you could add this using integrations.

Ok, I used the button for BSB-Lan integration. But how to configure the module to log more parameters?

Thatā€™s what I am working on, but if the old component works you could use that to read out extra entities/sensors.
The new one adds climate device to home assistant. So you can easily set room temp with Lovelace thermostat panel

Understand. So currently IĀ“m using the Lovelace panel and the old style to display sensors and values.
Two feature requests/ideas:

• Add the presence button to Lovelance panel. BSBlan ID S701 / S1001 to switch between ā€œcomfortā€ and ā€œreducedā€ heating mode
  • Assign Lovelace panel buttons to all (more) heating circuits (e.g. Radiator and Floorheatingā€¦)

To design Lovelace ui for the other sensors is yet not in my current scope. If you want to do it:)

My plan is support all devices there are in Home-Assistant. So Climate, Water Heater Switch and Binary Sensors, Sensors.

But this will take some time. What is connected to bsblan board are all different type of heating systems. So not all heating systems support all sensors etc. If the logic in my library is OK the development will pick up speed. (I am not a programmer)

There is no option yet to put the backend of the heating system in a device/platform. Would be cool though. So all the other sensors will be seperate entities. I am not sure if itā€™s possible to create your own platform?

Hi there,
since i have updated to 0.117, rest sensor is not working anymore.
Is it the same for you guys?

Hi tiger42
can you share homeassitant configuration Rest sensor ?
I try to configure the sensor rest to extract value but not work.
Thank you in advance
Marco