BSB-Lan integration

If you could make an issue on GitHub. This could speed up the merge process. It should be fixed with the latest pull request that is waiting for a merge. Not sure why it broke as it didn’t fail test the previous version. It could be that I pulled more info from bsblan and this is maybe not available on certain devices. The latest version only pulls the minimum and hopefully this will fix the issue.

Regards Willem-Jan

You could also retry adding the integration. So first delete. In one of the updates it needed a fresh setup

Tried that, but cannot add new adapter. I don´t use user/PW, just a string. Adapter Webpage is working:

It could be that the version of the firmware is too old. version 1.1 should work. I thinks it’s unable to retrieve the firmware and Mac address of the device. This is why it can’t setup. If you want to have the integration running again I would suggest to update to 1.1

Makes sense. So I have to do some solering then - currently using the Arduino Uno board. BSB-Lan v0.44 was the last supported version for that hardware, as far as I remember.

I guess this is the quickest way to solve the problem. There is also an old component you could try.

This one could work in the mean time.

I´m using the old integration to query some additional parameters.
But when I try to integrate “climate” : config error - which is strange since climate is a generic HA integration.
So I will just delete the thermostat card in lovelance and only display the enties.

sensor:
  - platform: bsb_lan
    host: 192.168.1.26/****
    payload:
      - '8700'
      - '8774'
      - '700'
climate:
  - platform: bsb_lan
    host: 192.168.1.26/****

Platform error climate.bsb_lan - cannot import name 'ClimateDevice' from 'homeassistant.components.climate' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py)
xxx@raspi4:~ $ sudo ls -lisa /var/lib/docker/volumes/hassio_data/_data/custom_components/bsb_lan
total 48
1982492  4 drwxr-xr-x 3 root root  4096 Jan  7  2022 .
1982487  4 drwxr-xr-x 7 root root  4096 Nov 18 17:40 ..
1966259 16 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 14344 Jan  7  2022 climate.py
1979212  4 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   783 Sep  6  2020 const.py
1979210  4 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    29 Sep  6  2020 __init__.py
1979213  4 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   253 Jun  4  2021 manifest.json
1982502  4 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  4096 Nov 20 17:21 __pycache__
1979214  8 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  7072 Sep  6  2020 sensor.py

Hi folks, I am pretty new in the BSB-LAN and home assistant topic. Currently I can read all the parameters via the webserver, but the integration in Homeassitant is not possible.

This is my log:

Logger: homeassistant.components.bsblan
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:164
Integration: BSB-Lan (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 25. November 2022 um 02:23:36 (1337 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:22:48

Unexpected error fetching bsblan_192.XXX.XXX.XXX data: 'heating'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 205, in _async_refresh
    self.data = await self._async_update_data()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 164, in _async_update_data
    return await self.update_method()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bsblan/bsblan.py", line 184, in state
    data = await self._get_parameters(data["heating"])
KeyError: 'heating'

My Hass Version is:
Home Assistant 2022.11.4
Supervisor 2022.11.2
Operating System 9.3
Frontend 20221108.0 - latest

Has anybody an idea?

Thanks a lot
DB

The integration works only with version 1-1.1 of the bsblan firmware. There is a pull request for support of latest version of the firmware, but it looks like it won’t make it to the upcoming homeassistant release. We need reviews!! Please click link and check the code if you have some knowledge of code.
Luckily diagnostics will make it this helps to troubleshoot.

BSBLan patch for firmware v3 has made it to the beta. If you join the beta channel you can test. Please report bugs!

2 Likes

I just updatet to BSB V3.03 and HA 2022.12 to use the BSBLan Integration instead of MQTT. I can setup the BSBLan integration but the climate card does not work… Anyone an idea why that is the case?

If you can send diagnostics. Please make an issue on GitHub with the info. This way I can track it and hopefully resolve it soon

Maybe you have the same problem as me.
I have two heating circuits but only the second has a room thermostat. if I send the temperature via the parameter 10000, then the entity works.
See Post #34

@liudger @Silvester5

The missing room temperature at 8740 is indeed the issue. My heating system does not have a room temperature sensor since the system is controlled by an outside temperature sensor.

Any idea if it’s possible to solve that without pushing a fake temperature to the heater? Doing that would probably confuse my system.

Did you try the above solution? I have this in my todo list. But it could take a while. For now pushing a temperature to the parameter 10000 should make the other parameter available to read and thus to setup the climate entity.

edit: If this is not possible as you mention. Then I need to check the climate platform if it’s possible to setup climate platform without temperature. Not sure if this is possible

edit2: Climate Entity | Home Assistant Developer Docs
It looks like it is possible. Maybe I could get this fixed soon. (not sure what soon is)

1 Like

Hello, i am new to this and hav bsb-lan installed as well as HA.
but for now i have some trouble with integration.
Hardware: ESP32
Version: 3.0.4-20221222224441
and
this is the error output in HA integration window:
Setup erneut versuchen: 1 validation error for State room1_thermostat_mode field required (type=value_error.missing)

the most important thing is i need to log the following parameters in bsb-lan:

eventually some more. thanks a lot!

The integration page states:

The integration is tested with the stable firmware version 1.00 . A newer firmware versions will not work, because the parameters are changed of the specific info that is needed. Please use the latest release. release 1.0

I have just updated my version to the same 3.0.4 for a Brötje BBK22F - as well on ESP32.
The BSB LAN Adapter is simpy logging values to MQTT Broker (your HA IP address with installed Add-on MOSQUITTO BROKER.

Additionally you have to add all definitions like

mqtt:
  sensor:
    - name: "Heizung-Aussentemperatur"
      state_topic: "BSB-LAN/8700.00"
      unit_of_measurement: °C
      device_class: temperature
    - name: "Heizung-Betriebsart"
      state_topic: "BSB-LAN/700.00"
      unit_of_measurement: °C
      device_class: temperature

to the configuration.yaml.

At least logging and optimization of the heating system is possible that way.

Probably the integration will be updated in future as well for actual BSB LAN versions- I think you can find informmation about it as well here.

What a mess this Broker wont start. It seems successfully installed but it stops. Even after reboot.

log says:

s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
cont-init: info: running /etc/cont-init.d/mosquitto.sh
[14:59:28] INFO: SSL is not enabled
cont-init: info: /etc/cont-init.d/mosquitto.sh exited 0
cont-init: info: running /etc/cont-init.d/nginx.sh
cont-init: info: /etc/cont-init.d/nginx.sh exited 0
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun mosquitto (no readiness notification)
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun nginx (no readiness notification)
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started
[14:59:29] INFO: Starting NGINX for authentication handling…
[14:59:29] INFO: Starting mosquitto MQTT broker…
2023-01-08 14:59:29: Warning: Mosquitto should not be run as root/administrator.
[14:59:30] INFO: Successfully send discovery information to Home Assistant.
[14:59:31] INFO: Successfully send service information to the Supervisor.

Did you read check LINK ?
For me as a rookie as well the log doesn;t look too bad…

To get MQTT broker running, you should probably start a separate post.