⚪ Bubble Card - A minimalist card collection for Home Assistant with a nice pop-up touch

Interesting for the Mushroom card! I will take a look at that possibility.

Mine is a Samsung Ducted AC. It should all work the same no matter the brand if you have it set up as a climate entity.

you can add the folloing in the styling:

.bubble-button-card-container {
  background-color: ${state < 1000 ? 'var(--success-color)' : state < 1500 ? 'var(--warning-color)' : 'var(--error-color)'};
}
.bubble-icon {
  color: ${state < 1000 ? 'var(--success-color)' : state < 1500 ? 'var(--warning-color)' : 'var(--error-color)'} !important;
  opacity: 0.6 !important;
}

Bubble Card 2

v2.2.0-beta.1

Hi everyone!

I’m finally able to release this new version that fixes the large layout issue on a section view since the new Home Assistant 2024.8 update!

But that’s not all, I’ve worked a lot on some optimizations and fixes. The most noticeable improvement is the pop-ups, they are now much faster and more reliable on all devices/browsers!

This beta is a bit rushed, and I really hope that everything is working as it should!

Thank you all for the fast feedback as always!

:heavy_check_mark: Bug fixes and optimizations

• HA 2024.8 support: Fixed the large layout issue when used on a section view after the Home Assistant 2024.8 update.
  • Pop-up optimizations: Pop-ups are now much smoother on all devices/browsers!
  • Displayed states/attributes: Fixed and optimized the displayed states/attributes system, the order is now a bit different too.
  • Templates: The entity variable was not defined, this is now fixed! It refers to the card entity.
  • Layout issue: It was impossible to hide the name or the icon in a pop-up header; this is now fixed! #638

I can’t wait for your feedback!

And if you are interested I’ve opened a Subreddit for Bubble Card where I post my progress on the project. Here it is:

Reddit Page

:beers:

5 Likes

Hey Cloos,

thanks for the update!

Unfortunately the background stays blurry after closing a pop-up.

Lukas

Hey,

Since the recent update of HA, my Bubble (v2.1.1) cards seems weird, like lacking a bit of spacing (margin). Also, separators are uglier now:

I’m using Material Rounded theme, but this issue also happens with the default theme.

Thanks!

Hi, I’ve just released a new beta that fix that issue, take a look a few post above :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m on it, I will try to release a new beta today :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Genius! By making the year longer you’ve created more relative time space so that everything could fit.

1 Like

great card. i love it and have what i think it is a great looking mobile dashboard for my family.

i have this:

but what i REALLY want it this:

where the two left subbuttons are justified to the left and the two right subbuttons are justified to the right.

anything helpful would be appreciated. i know im missing something…

type: custom:bubble-card
card_type: button
card_layout: normal
button_type: name
show_icon: false
show_name: false
sub_button:
  - entity: input_boolean.living_room_mood_lighting_dynamic
    icon: mdi:reload
  - name: ''
    icon: mdi:floor-lamp
    show_background: false
    entity: input_select.living_room_mood_lighting
    show_state: true
    show_attribute: false
    show_last_changed: false
    show_arrow: true
    entity: input_boolean.movie_time
    show_background: true
    tap_action:
      action: toggle
      navigation_path: '#cover'
    hold_action:
      action: more-info
    icon: ''
    tap_action:
      action: toggle
      service: input_boolean.toggle
    entity: input_boolean.guest_mode
    hold_action:
styles: |
  .card-content {
    width: 100%;
    margin: 0 !important;
  }
    background: none;
  }
  .bubble-sub-button-container {
    width: 100%;
    justify-content: space-between !important;
  }
  .bubble-sub-button-icon {
    --mdc-icon-size: inherit !important;
  }
  .bubble-name-container {
    margin-right: 0px !important;
  }
double_tap_action:
  action: none
tap_action:
  action: none
scrolling_effect: false

Really like your 3rd bubble card. Is that a vacuum? Willing to share the code? :slight_smile:

Is it possible that only the icon changes color?

Sure!
That one is all thanks to Cloos! :slight_smile:

It is from the Bubble github examples.
https://github.com/Clooos/Bubble-Card

type: custom:bubble-card
card_type: button
button_type: switch
name: Vacuum
entity: vacuum.downstairs
icon: mdi:robot-vacuum
show_state: true
show_last_changed: true
tap_action:
button_action:
  tap_action:
sub_button:
  - name: Battery
    icon: mdi:battery
    show_name: false
    show_icon: true
    show_attribute: true
    attribute: battery_level
  - name: Return to dock
    icon: mdi:home
    tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: vacuum.return_to_base
      target:
        entity_id: vacuum.downstairs
  - name: Pause
    icon: mdi:pause
    tap_action:
      service: vacuum.pause
      target:
  - name: Start
    icon: mdi:play
    tap_action:
      service: vacuum.start
      target:
styles: >-
    /* Change the background color when the vacuum get an error (optional), more details in the styles template section */
    background: ${state === 'error' ? 'rgb(200, 80, 40)' : ''} !important;
  }
  .bubble-icon {
    color: white !important;
  }
  .bubble-icon-container {
    background: rgba(230, 100, 180, 1);
  }
  /* Change the first sub-button battery icon based on the battery_icon attribute, more details in the styles template section */
  ${subButtonIcon[0].setAttribute("icon", hass.states['vacuum.downstairs'].attributes.battery_icon)}
1 Like

Bubble Card 2

v2.2.0-beta.2

Hi everyone!

I’m really sorry for the blurred backdrop issue in the previous beta, this is now fixed! I have disabled it on my dashboard and forgot to test it before the release :sweat_smile:

By fixing this, I’ve also found a way to optimize the pop-ups and the backdrop transition even more than in the previous release!

• Pop-up backdrop issue: Sorry again, this is now fixed! #693
  • Pop-up optimizations: Pop-ups are now much smoother magical on all devices/browsers! #661

And if you are interested I’ve opened a Subreddit for Bubble Card where I post my progress on the project. Here it is:

Reddit Page

2 Likes

Bubble Card 2

v2.2.0-beta.3

Hi again!

Here is a new beta, and I really believe that it is the true stable candidate. There was still an issue with the pop-up custom styles that were not synced correctly with the pop-up opening.

I’ve also reduced the card name font size by 1 pixel, they were a bit too big on the new layout.

• Pop-up custom styles: More info above.
  • Font size adjustments: More info above.

Reddit Page

2 Likes

When can we see a vertical bubble card hihi

Hey just wondering if this is possible to make this work at the same height or not

I’ve tried this but didn’t work any help would be grateful thank you

.bubble-state::after{
           content: ${hass.states['binary_sensor.livingroom_mmwave_presence'].state === 'on' ? 'url(/local/mdi-motion.png)' : ''};
           display: inline-block;
           color: white;
           height: 10px !important;
           width: 10px !important;
           background-size: contain;
           background-repeat: no-repeat; 
           }

Thanks for this example @Mar1us. Do you happen to know if there is a way to map a gradient to a value? IE I’d like the icon for my PV production to fade from red to yellow to green based on different values of the sensor.

Installed core 2024.8.1 today and noticed a small problem with the popups. When I try to close popup by swyping down I actually move the background - and not the popup - which then results in a reload of the HA-app

Is it possible to add show_background: false to the header (Name/Text) like the Sub-buttons? I’d like it to look like the separator below it, transparent.