⚪ Bubble Card - A minimalist card collection for Home Assistant with a nice pop-up touch

Hi @Cloos

Do you have any idea what’s going on here?. Been working fine on the last beta. After updating it looks like he is opening all pop-ups at the bottom.

Something changed from v0.0.1-beta.7 → v1.3.2 cause in that version the problem is already there

Edit: Can’t upload pictures so they are on pasteboard.

Before

After

Hello everyone
thank you for this beautiful bubble card, I’m redoing my entire dashboard with it. how to call a popup in the same dashboard but different views. I say good view differences I create a view for each room and inside I create a popup. When I am in the first view and I call the room view through the horizontal menu it does not navigate to the view and popup.
example in the menu I put this:
view2/#room

I wouldn’t want to put all the popups in the same view because it’s too busy
thank you all

I’ve got tap_action working to toggle, but hold_action doesn’t seem to work?

type: custom:bubble-card
card_type: button
entity: light.hazios_room
button_type: slider
show_state: true
name: hazio Room
icon: mdi:bed-double-outline
tap_action:
  action: toggle
hold_action:
  action: more-info

hi Guys,

Been setting up my new dashboard …what an amazing piece of work!

i have two issues because i had multiple rooms defined in my horizontal stack i widened it to 800px.

1. the pop up is not centred any more

2. one of the pop-up seems to block my horizontal stack - while the rest are just fine.

**i made sure that the horizontal stack is the last card in the dashboard. the error is still there

It does not appear that I can have a button with NO Name. Please make tis a selection so that the buttons only have icons.

You can always workaround this with setting an empty name like this:

type: custom:bubble-card
card_type: horizontal-buttons-stack
rise_animation: false
auto_order: false
width_desktop: 1080px
1_link: '#office'
1_name: ''
1_icon: mdi:desk-lamp
1_entity: light.mi_desk_lamp_pro

This is working for me with every card :wink:

1 Like

What’s the recommended way to have sensor information displayed? like current power consumption…
I looking for a consistent look, but can’t get a way with the bubble card.

Edit : seems the toggle for the fix if the sidebar is hidden on desktop fixed my issue, even though I’m on mobile. Leaving this here for any others that didn’t see it.

Original post :
I want to use bubble card so bad, but it has been very unreliable for me. I’m guessing it’s not playing nice with another feature but I can’t figure out which one.

One second my pop-ups work fine, the next they don’t or show up empty. If I go to edit dashboard and and then hit done, they’ll usually work then, but only temporarily.

Are there any known conflicts? Maybe kiosk mode?

Hi @Cloos

First of all congratulations with the card.
It’s one of the best cards out there.
In fact, i change my 2 dashboards completely just everything based on your card!!
It rocks!

I’m using it for mobile, and for my tablet, 2 different dashboards.

However, i do have some questions, although its really close to perfect :stuck_out_tongue:

For my tablet dashboard i’m using fully kiosk browser with DBuit’s sidebar card…
I’m looking for a way to optimize the popup/bubble styling…
The perfect thing would be that the bubble fills everything right to the brown sidebar and completely to the top

However when itry to change the width_Desktop and top margin, or the fact that the sidebar its hidden, i cant get it more wider…

any tips on this?

Thx in advance !!!

If i was you, i wouldnt use kiosk mode, you can change everything with card mod

Does someone have an example automation of a camera popup? Currently using Fully Kiosk loading a camera URL, then going back to the Start URL, but it’s not consistent.

Hi! Is it possible to make the Buttons-stack icons smaller, and maybe remove the outline? I have to many areas and therefore I need to swipe right/left to fully navigate.

Thanks in advance!

Being the idiot that i am i updated to version 1.5 today but ignored the big bold breaking change. Now i can not find the instructions for the life of me on what i need to go back and add to my config.yaml to make this work again. Does anyone have the link?

You can find the instructions here

2 Likes

state_color: true doesn’t seem to be working form using Button/Slider. It always uses the accent colour for the current theme. How do I get it to work?

Anyone having trouble on android after upgrading to 1.5?

Everything is fine on a pc, but on all my Android devices, I get the element not found error. It worked great when I first set it all up, and was initially working after upgrading to 1.5. But earlier, I started getting the error. Rebooting, clearing cache, all the usual stuff doesn’t work. The card picker, sometimes will still show the old bubble-card, even after upgrading. I un-installed bubble card completely, rebooted, then reinstalled and rebooted HA again. It was working again for a bit, but just started acting up again. This doesn’t make sense.

Have a look in here. Maybe from bottom to the top. There are several solutions. Maybe there is one working for you.

1 Like

Can we create a bubble card for a sensor?

I want it like a bar chart so I can see how much my sensor has used.

Eg 100 out of 500

yes, got the same issue. Works on pc just fine but on android it doensn’t

2 Likes

Can confirm. Even after clearing app cache… Companion does not like the split resources for some reason. Primary use case for me is popping a remote (Firemote card) over my existing UI to control a TV so it’s very broken for me.