⚪ Bubble Card - A minimalist card collection for Home Assistant with a nice pop-up touch

I got it! Thank you so much! :grin:

Not true. Original Kiosk Mode was stopped last year, but quickly another community member picked it up and is very active on it. It even had a new release last week. It also has many more features than the original ever had.

This the correct one, which is still maintained very actively: GitHub - NemesisRE/kiosk-mode: 🙈 Hides the Home Assistant header and/or sidebar

4 Likes

Good to know! Thanks!

1 Like

v1.2.0 - A lightning fast release!

This update doesn’t come with any new features, but it is a major release because it brings significant improvements to the speed and efficiency of the code execution. I’ve found 2 major memory leaks and fixed them to ensure that everything loads almost instantaneously, like the pop-ups, even with a lot of them!

This means a (lot) smoother and faster experience for everyone!

Changelog:

:heavy_check_mark: Fixes

• Fixed 2 major (and really huuuuuge) memory leaks.
  • Fixed a centering issue of the pop-ups on some resolutions.

I really appreciate your feedback on any issues you may encounter, and thank you once again for your continued support!

3 Likes

iv got an issue since v1.1.0… see the image… Bottom is black and strange blurred

2 Likes

It’s probably because of the new shadow I’ve added, to fix that you can temporary add shadow_opacity: 0 to all your pop-ups. But I will fix that in the next release tomorrow, thanks for the feedback!

I have the same problem. The pop-up takes 5 to 10 seconds to open. In addition, as soon as I created a bubble card, all my HA slowed down.

And it was not the case on v1.1.0? It’s so weird because on my end it’s incredibly faster.

Just found this, and love it. Super easy and looks amazing.

One thing before I start migrating a number of specific views.

As I read/try, then all code needs to be in the same view in a dashboard.

As I have a number of different “standard views” I would like to point to one pop-up card from several views/dashboards.

If I need to create and maintain it for each view, it will lead to manual errors (done by me).

Is this possible?

Thanks! For now there is no way to have any kind of templating, and it’s not working with decluttering-card. The main goal of Bubble Card is to have everything on one page.

1 Like

Is there a way to change the tap action of the card?
When I tried it seemed to change the tap action of the icon?
I’ve got an input_select, that I want to switch to next input when I push the button.

I think you need to use the custom button.

Great! Didn’t see that one. Worked great!

Can someone please advise if I am entering the popup Navigation path correctly? As it not working?

The popup

type: vertical-stack
cards:
  - type: custom:bubble-card
    card_type: pop-up
    hash: '#tor'
    name: Tor
    icon: mdi:gate
    state: binary_sensor.tor_garten_schloss
    state_unit: null
    width_desktop: 600px
    margin_top_mobile: 18px
    margin_top_desktop: 74px
    bg_opacity: 83
    shadow_opacity: 26
    bg_color: rgb(79, 45, 13)
  - type: entities
    entities:
      - entity: switch.tor_garten_relay_open
        name: Tor öffnen
      - entity: switch.tor_garten_relay_close
        name: 'Tor schließen '

And a card to open the popup

show_name: true
show_icon: true
type: button
tap_action:
  action: navigate
  navigation_path: '#tor'
name: Kitchen
icon: mdi:fridge

Both cards must be on the same dashboard!

Thanks but I want to navigate to another page if possible, apparently it says in instruction as seen in my pic, enter # name and navigation_ path??

SOLVED: i used Card-mod to change the background color. :partying_face:

Awesome Bubble Card Sir.

I managed to get the Pop Up to work as expected and it is just beautiful. However i find the available options for sliders, buttons etc a bit too little at this moment so i used some mushroom cards which works well except for the mushroom card background color.
Is there an easy way to change that?

In short: how do i change the background color of the non bubble cards. I have no javascript skills and only limited YAML knowledge.

@Cloos Or should i just wait till you implemented more cards in Bubble :grin:

I like your footer Home , Livingroom and climate cards, how did you manage to set them up?

1 Like

It’s one of the features of the bubble cards.

Footer:

1. Add the bubble card on your page
  2. Choose ‘Horizontal buttons stack’ from the cards dropdown menu
  3. Press the ‘add button’ button.
  4. Assign the #hash, name, icon etc to the buttons.

:exclamation:Loading the buttons is not instantaneously.
Please be patient. They will appear :smiley:

1. Save

Pop up:

1. Add a ‘Vertical stack card’ to your page
  2. Add the ‘bubble card’ to the ‘Vertical Stack card’
  3. Choose ‘Pop up’ from the cards dropdown menu
  4. Assign the #hash of the first footer button (in my example #home) to this card. Set other settings to your liking.
  5. Save

IMPORTANT! Make sure the footer is always the last card on the page.

IMPORTANT! Also make sure the ‘Vertical Stack card’ is always the top card.

In the ‘Vertical Stack card’ you also put all other cards you want on the pop up.
IMPORTANT: Always keep the ‘pop up’ the first entry in the ‘Vertical Stack card’.

See example

3 Likes

First of all I’d like to say what a fantastic job you’ve made of this, really does change things in home assistant and is very unique, I’ve been following this for a while and integrating it into my dashboard and i can see it gradually improving.

Only area I’d say right now that is an annoyance is the lag in editor mode, soon as I hit edit dashboard hell takes ages to get into the cards to edit them :rofl:

I don’t know if in the future you would be looking to be able to make it so you could navigate to different tabs instead of keeping all the cards on one dashboard as I feel this may be what’s creating the lag, especially in my case as I’m using around 10 popup cards in my set up.