Buy a ready2use zigbee2mqtt stick - flashed, antenna mod and printed case

Just want to let you know that you can also add antennas like this one to the stick.

Is the price of the unit a secret or something? Couldn’t find it. ( I understand postage varies, but the actual unit has a price i assume?)

It’s not a secret, but as posts can’t be edited after some time I don’t want to fix it to a certain value. Price could go up or down in future, I don’t know that yet.

Contact me and I will let you know the current price. Hope you can understand.

I like it but I hesitate to ask the price because I think shipping to North America will make the device considerably more expensive than what it’s originally supposed to be (an inexpensive alternative to commercial Zigbee coordinators).

Of course, I probably should ask anyway …

It isn’t only that.
I think the main reason for going to z2m Going local instead of using clouds.

Also you can replace other bridges (ikea, xiaomi, hue, …). Which saves money and space.

New project:

Trying to make something similar with the ESP32 and openmqtthub (for BLE devices like the MiFlora Sensors).
Goal is to make a similar case and to make it as compact as possible.

1 Like

I´m a happy owner of one of h4nc units. I can only reccomend it (I live in EU which it would help having shipping cost low). Coverage has been improved in my case a lot due to the antenna mod. I live in a regular flat 105m2 one floor and with a central location for my Pi is giving me coverage in all the house properly. Price is not a bargain but I like a lot Zigbee2mqtt solution as I got rid of all my hubs and depend on external clouds as h4nc has said before. For those lazy guys, which don´t want to mess soldering, it is a nice option definetely

New sticks available.

I ordered and received both a coordinator and a router several weeks ago. Just got around to installing these last night. They both work flawlessly and work very well at extending the range. The soldering was very professionally done and the cases were a perfect fit.

1 Like

I have some new sticks available.

1 Like

This is the first PCB I designed myself.

If you are interested in an RFLink, this is my second Version.
Will do something similar with OpenMqttGateway. PCBs already ordered.

Also the BLE OMG tracker shown in own of my last posts is now available.

3 Likes

There is another device that I did not mention here yet, because it’s not ha related. But I think it could be interesting.

It’s a modified Apple Airport Express. It’s powered with 5V DC instead of AC. So you can plug it in an USB port of your car. Else you need an Auxilary port in your car.
Airplay in your car.

2 Likes

New devices in the making.

2 Likes

@h4nc I’d love pricing for one of your zigbee devices - could you DM me pricing, inc shipping to the UK? thanks!

1 Like

I will probably have to make a new thread for the OMG devices, because this post (like many posts above) is not related to Zigbee2mqtt.

This is my version of the OMG ESP8266 RF.
Hope you like it. Still have to test it, but pcb and case are finished.

New color (will substitute color D), it’s a little more translucent than the one before.

I received a pair of them today, they spent about a week in post.

They look pretty,

Immediately as I tried to plug one in, I ended up pushing it out of the 3d printed enclosure as I tried pushing it into the usb port, usb port was tight. No biggie, it went right back in snugly, it’s all good. I actually like the finger grip-y-ness that the 3d printer layers end up producing.

I have no prior experience with mqtt or zigbee internals, and I managed to somehow work around some issues with homeassistant and install mosquitto and zigbee2mqtt on my hass.io pi over the course of the last 45 minutes, and I’m seeing some ok-ish looking stuff in logs.

… now off to see if my ikea remote and/or lights get to pair somehow, if I can get the pairing toggle exposed in the ui, and I need to figure out how those events look like, and on and on. …

… no idea yet on range.

add-on log

after removing a bogus … “bool?” parameter, manually creating a directory for the config so the zigbee2mqtt add-on could create the configuration.yaml from json that was in the add-on configuration box, and then some other unrelated things (not sure why my homeassistant just stopped processing events 2 days ago, but either restarts or upgrades fixed it)… I got it running, I think.

> node index.js zigbee2mqtt:info 7/23/2019, 9:21:18 PM Logging to directory: '/share/zigbee2mqtt/log/2019-07-23.21-20-38' zigbee2mqtt:info 7/23/2019, 9:21:20 PM Starting zigbee2mqtt version 1.5.1 (commit #unknown) zigbee2mqtt:info 7/23/2019, 9:21:20 PM Starting zigbee-shepherd zigbee2mqtt:info 7/23/2019, 9:21:30 PM zigbee-shepherd started zigbee2mqtt:info 7/23/2019, 9:21:30 PM Coordinator firmware version: '20190608' zigbee2mqtt:info 7/23/2019, 9:21:30 PM Currently 0 devices are joined: zigbee2mqtt:info 7/23/2019, 9:21:30 PM Zigbee: disabling joining new devices. zigbee2mqtt:info 7/23/2019, 9:21:30 PM Connecting to MQTT server at mqtt://homeassistant zigbee2mqtt:info 7/23/2019, 9:21:30 PM zigbee-shepherd ready zigbee2mqtt:info 7/23/2019, 9:21:37 PM Connected to MQTT server zigbee2mqtt:info 7/23/2019, 9:21:37 PM MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/state', payload 'online' zigbee2mqtt:info 7/23/2019, 9:21:37 PM MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/config', payload '{"version":"1.5.1","commit":"unknown","coordinator":20190608,"log_level":"info","permit_join":false}'

Thanks Hans !

1 Like

Received a CC2531 coordinator and router from h4nc. The sticks both look great. Excellent communication and the shipping to Canada was fast and very reasonable.

I was able to get the coordinator working right away. It took a few tries to get the router paired but it’s working now. Possibly my fault as it was my first time dealing with these devices.

Now just have to wait for some more ZigBee devices to arrive.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Received one coordinator today. Replaced my old one with this one! Went from ~1-5 to 20-25 in link quality with the supplied antenna. Shipping was fast. Case is good quality as well. Absolutely recommend if you can’t be bothered to flash device and solder an antenna.

~Cheers

1 Like