Calendar automations in ha

There are two things I want to do and I can’t work it out.

I have the garbage collection set up and the calendar trigger. But it’s never gone off. Does it need special set up?

I want to set an event basically every second Wednesday at 11 a.m. open the curtains (cleaner comes)

All calendar-based automation need, at minimum, a calendar with events and a properly configured automation…

How to help us help you

It is a lot easier to give you helpful answers that are specific to your situation if you share the actual automation instead of just a brief description.

I deleted it. There’s no options really

It was there for 5mths and NEVER triggered.

And to set an event basically every second Wednesday, there’s no way to set in calendar either.

There is… In the Calendar dashboard you create an event by pressing the “Add Event” button. Fill in the summary, description, start/end times. Then at the bottom of the popup window you click on the “Repeat” drop-down menu. Select “Weekly”, then type a “2” into the “Repeat Interval” input field and select the day(s) you wish the events to be repeated.

Please post the data from the calendar entity from the Developer Tools > States tool.

calendar.garbage_collection

all_day: true
start_time: 2023-03-01 00:00:00
end_time: 2023-03-02 00:00:00
friendly_name: Garbage Collection

And card

Supposed to be a button here right?

Yes, as long as you have a calendar integration that allows Home Assistant to manage it directly using services. Examples of those include Local Calendar, Google Calendar, Caldav, and others.

If this is a read-only calendar from a third party, you will need to add a calendar that you own to be able to add events.