Camera - Send & Save snapshot to mobile device when motion is detected with Conditions. Now with Custom Triggers!

Great BP, but I cannot get notification groups to work. I’m using the latest 2.2.8 BP but I just get the following message when trying to use a group.

Message malformed: Unknown device ‘Ian_and_Laura’

I’ve tried lowercase/“notify.” etc. but it still seems to be validating the Device ID, which obviously a group isn’t…

Any way around this?

It seems with other installs of HA, you need to specifically specify the /media directory in the config. The /www directory is unsecured but will work as a fallback.

Hmm, I MAY have had a typo, but I thought it was working on my end. Update to 2.2.9 and see if that works.

EDIT: But that isn’t working either. When I went to test it by using actions in Dev Tools, it only sent it to 1 of the devices I had, instead of all. When doing it separately, the notifications sent as intended. I wonder if some change in HA broke this. I’ll take a closer look into it.

EDIT: Saw this Issue from August this year.

Erro:Error generating content: 404 Gemini 1.0 Pro Vision has been deprecated on July 12, 2024. Consider switching to different model, for example gemini-1.5-flash.

Im trying to use ur blueprint, but, getting this error message. =/ Can u help me?

when are you getting this error? I have no clue, as this blueprint does not use Gemini AI at all. But yaml code for HA…

Hi,

I’m trying to reference the “last_motion.jpg” in a Picture Card so I can just see the last motion snapshot as a stand-alone, but I can’t get the path right to display the image of the image in the card.

Any pointers?

I’m tried several iterations of local/snapshots/front_doorbell_fluent/last_motion.jpg, etc. etc. etc. but no dice

If I open “Media” from the sidebar, search for the picture and open it, I can do an right click and do an “open picture in new tab”, I can see the path to the picture in the adressbar. But it only work if I ad the authSig string.

Here’s my code snippet for my Last Motion picture entity. I’m saving the images in /media as /www is not secured. The default for the blueprint is using /media so if you’ve changed that in the blueprint, replace /media with /local. Otherwise, try adding your URL to your HA URL like this: homeassistant.local:8123/local/snapshots/front_doorbell_fluent/last_motion.jpg and see if the image loads. If so, URL is correct. If not, URL is not correct.
Doing this using /media will give a 401 authorization error.

show_state: true
show_name: true
camera_view: auto
type: picture-entity
entity: binary_sensor.front_house_camera_person_occupancy
image: /media/snapshots/front_house_camera/last_motion.jpg
camera_image: camera.front_house_last_motion
name: Front of House
tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: camera.snapshot
  data:
    entity_id: camera.front_house_camera
    filename: /media/snapshots/front_house_camera/last_motion.jpg
hold_action:
  action: more-info
state_filter:
  "on": brightness(100%)
  "off": brightness(100%)

Also made a camera for the Last Motion image:

camera:
- platform: local_file
  file_path: /media/snapshots/front_house_camera/last_motion.jpg
  name: Front House Last Motion

If I open “Media” from the sidebar, search for the picture and open it, I can do an right click and do an “open picture in new tab”, I can see the path to the picture in the adressbar. But it only work if I ad the authSig string.

Yes, that is b/c files stored in /media are secured, need authorization to view them. To get around this, you can store them in /www (using /local when referencing the file) without authorization. But keep in mind, files in that folder are not secured and can be accessed anywhere with the right URL.

Hi,
I am new to HA and I am trying to use this great blueprint. But I need help!
I imported it and in automation opened it configure it.
I selected a binary sensor and selected a camera using the GUI
but my GUI is not showing the line to select a device to notify (an iphone n my case).
However I use notification successfully already and there is “notify.iphone_name” in the HA available.
Hence when I try to save the the configuration in get the message the “Message malformed: Missing input notify_device”.
Why am I not seeing the live to select a device to notify as per your screenshot? Eventually I want to use the notify to multiple devices but for making it work with one device I am already stuck.
What am I missing out here?