Camera - Send & Save snapshot to mobile device when motion is detected with Conditions. Now with Custom Triggers!

I don’t think so as it is. But you could try using the addition actions option or try the new “Take over this blueprint” feature to add that. The image component is a single URL. You can try just duplicating that part. But it may just be best and make an automation for each camera, keeping everything the same but the actual camera. I do that for a few cameras on certain conditions.

I use the archive option. Now de snapshot.jpg keeps showing the same picture from the past. Also on the archive multiple files have the same image.

are you updated to the latest version?

I think so. I use the link on the first page. I keep seeing the snapshot in the dark while the sun is shining :sun_with_face:

At first, thanks for this blueprint which is really useful.
Unfortunately i had the same problem like other before to get the snapshot on my iOS notification.

I am using HA Operating System on an Intel Nuc. The snapshot is correctly saved and i can reach it through the browser …
http://HA-URL:PORT/media/local/snapshots/CAMERA_NAME/last_motion.jpg?authSig=HASH

So the snapshot part is working fine.
But on my Apple Watch i just get a black “Screen” with a play button. On the iphone there is no picture shown in the notification.

Any idea what i am doing wrong?

Check the version number in the blueprint description, should be (v2.2.5) or later. I think I fixed that issue you are having.

Hmm, people have been posting about having issues on iOS. I do not have an iOS device so I cannot test properly. However, there is a iOS option for video support. I had that enabled in case it worked, but I just removed it in case that was the issue. Update the blueprint to 2.2.6

However, if you continue having errors, try to use the blueprint with it’s defaults and see if you get the image. In many cases, it’s the url that is notification is trying to use which seems like the issue. The code replaces some strings, like /media/media/local for example.

EDIT, looking at your URL, you already have /media/local so the notification is trying to use /media/local/local, remove the /local from the File Path option.

I have the latest version and use the Arlo cam.

I updated now to the 2.2.6 Version and this fixed the problem!
Thank you for your fast support!

1 Like

Howdy folks! Really love this blueprint and I know that once I get it working right I will enjoy it even more.

I don’t think the issue is the blueprint necessarily but after several updates to HA the images stopped being accessible. Now the only way to access and image is to add ?token=LONG_TOKEN which should never be pass in a URL like this to be honest.

Even logged in via browser I can not browser the image by path giving me a 401 unauth HTTP code.

I have no idea what’s changed or what might be causing it but after hours of reading through docs I finally decide to throw myself on the mercy of the forum courts.

Any takes on what this could be?

Sounds like an http authorization error. Did you change anything with HA Cloud or DuckDNS. I’m using DuckDNS for https access, but I can’t image this being any different using HA cloud or even local. The url is just pointing to a file in /media. Try changing the path to /config/www and see if you host an image that way.

This blueprint seems like what I want. I want to trigger this on person detection for a nest camera, but nothing shows up in the drop-down for sensor to trigger this for me. Can nest camera detecting a person/motion not be a trigger?

I have the original blueprint to trigger with Binary Sensors only for simplicity. Either try making a helper binary sensor or use the other blueprint with Custom Triggers and see if you can that to work

When i type in “app://com.mcu.reolink” ind the URL to Navigate, it will just go to the latest lovelace panel i have had ind the URL…

I have also tried the clickAction, but that dosen’s seem to work either…

Can somebody say if they got it working, where when you click the notification, it will open Reolink App instead of home assistant?

Sometimes I only get the notification without a picture on my Android phone. Could it be that the image has not yet been saved at this point? Is it possible or useful to insert a delay between saving and sending the image?

Yes I have to add a delay to make sure it saves

Im not sure of that url, I just use a lovelace link /lovelace

Can I add a delay or do you have to change the blueprint?

I have it as an option. Update your blueprint if you don’t see it. I got all mine on a 5 sec. delay.

I found only the delay between motion and snapshot, but no delay between snapshot and sending. Or am I missing something? My Version is v2.2.6. of the “Binary Sensor Trigger” Version.