Camera that integrates with HASS, having the possibility to get light and motion sensor?

Which are available?
Thanks!

I don’t know about light, but you can get motion detection using FFMPEG.

1 Like

I got $30 hosafe IP camera and use motioneye for recording
Motioneye sends notification email,command,etc upon motion or new recordings

I use ffmpeg component to pull images into HA
I use motioneye notification to report motion into HA via HA API

2 Likes

mmhh interesting will have to dig into that.

In instructions

“The motion daemon itself is optional, but needed in most cases. Install it (along with ffmpeg and v4l-utils) unless you configure a machine that will only act as a hub for other motionEye-based cameras.”

you installed motion+motioneye or motioneye is enough?

You don’t have to; I have a few things that tie into HA like harmony-api, HADashboard and AppDaemon and I just installed them in the /home/pi directory. The config files speak to the HA API.

1 Like

great better so. Now having an AIO installer do I need those:

"Requirements

a machine running a recent Linux distro
python 2.7
tornado 3.1+
jinja2
PIL or pillow
curl, libcurl & pycurl
motion (optional)
ffmpeg (optional)
v4l-utils (optional)

That’s kind of out of scope for this forum; you’d be better served asking the author of the program.

the question is that having HA installed, on a pi3, if I do have already those program installed, and if not so, evebntually those go in conflict with HA

If you are in a virtual environment, nothing will go into conflict. That’s the point of VENV; the environment for HA stays stable and compliant for that program so long as you don’t install anything manually into it.

As far as whether the programs are installed already, it doesn’t apply as that will all be in the VENV. You’ll be working outside of it. And if the program you want to install has dependencies, the install routine will either install it for you or warn you that they are missing.

Off the top of my head, most of those programs are not part of a normal Raspian install. Again, this is kind of out of the realm of HA support and into the realm of Raspian support and individual programs.

1 Like

@cladio

I have HA on Pi
I have motioneye (only) in Synology Docker container.

Cameras have RSTP out so I use this for HA. This alone is more than enough
I use motioneye for recording. decided to use it for motion as well instead of FFMPEG Binary sensor as a test really but like it so I kept it.

HASS has a component to process the event stream from Hikvision IP cameras allowing you to pull in any notification supported by the camera (motion, line crossing, tamper, etc.)

Another way to do this might be this:

1 Like

Ok, motion sensor should be relatively easy to implement.

What about light sensor? Each camera has one (to start with internal IR), but how to get that value?

Some camera output their sensor values via some api or physical wired pinout.

If you login to camera their may be some stored value that relates to light sensor.

Light may not be sensor but may be calculated value as well based on pixel luminance so this.

If this is for switch light on/off, may be better to guess need based on other condition or use separate sensor.