Can Home Assistant Listen to 433MHz Remotes?

is this different from Broadlink rm pro?

hmm yes of course

In which functionality… I don’t understand

this can both receive and send commands.

the broadlink can only send commands. It has very limited functionality for listening to codes. it only listens for a code in “learn” mode. otherwise it can’t receive any codes and pass them to HA.

1 Like

The question is then, how do you get the sonoff rf bridge to act simply as a receiver. I have both of them.

try looking here:

And here is the associated Home Assistant Community thread:

I haven’t gotten started on implementing it yet but plan on it pretty soon.

1 Like

Any advice opening it without completely destroy the box ?

Basically you can use this to receive PUSH messages from 433mhz sensors

Which other use?

can it be integrated in HASS without opening it and/or flashing?

Yes one side comes off easy, in my case it was the bottom side, but I only discovered that after I destroyed the top.

Please note that as of now I’ve been unable to get the sonoff RF bridge working with the custom firmware. Am working with @1technophile to get it going

Keep us apprised. I really want to get this working so that all my RF devices can be control by both remote or HA and HA can keep track of the state.

My understanding is that it can also send & receive 315Mhz, send & receive IR, used for bluetooth beacons, and a couple of other functions.

It’s all explained at the posted github and the associated wiki.

@MACscr

I don’t know if you ever got the 433toMQTTGateway to work but I’ve been trying to get it working for over a week now and it’s not going well.

I think the problem is my remotes don’t work with the library used by the gateway.

I need a decent remote to operate a ceiling fan with a light but I have no idea really which remotes will work. It’s surprisingly hard and confusing to figure out what you would expect to be such an easy thing. I mean, it’s not like ceiling fans are rare or anything.

I really think I’m moving on from the 433toMQTTGateway to trying the Pilight/RPi-RF setup described by @jeremyowens above.

If that works I guess I’ll have a couple of spare NodeMCU boards to play with on some other project.

@jeremyowens

Can all of this (pilight/RPi-rf) be easily installed and successfully run on the same Raspberry Pi that has Hassbian installed on it?

Not 100% sure about Hassbian, but I do run it side-by-side on my Raspbian Stretch. Since Hassbian is pretty close, I don’t see why it shouldn’t work.

i’ll give it a shot and report back how it goes.

Here is some ideas:

i’ve seen the list but there are no remotes I could find there that are specifically designed to be used for a ceiling fan.

I need 5 buttons. and it has to have a decent design. IOW, it has to be wife friendly…:wink:

I’ll look again tho. maybe I missed something.

could you remind me the brand of your ceiling fan?

the brand for both remotes are Hunter