Can I integrate Hive Active Heating into HA without the Hive Hub?

Thanks, I did know the limitations of going down the hybrid route but that’s acceptable for me for now.
Just starting to dig into the mqtt messages and have got some nice mushroom template cards updating based on the current state, next step is to send something to it but I’m sure my day job will get in the way for much more experimentation today.

These are, maybe, your most useful commands:

# switch off thermostat (temp is set to frost protection as set on thermostat
- service: mqtt.publish
  data:
    topic: zigbee2mqtt/Hive/heat/set
    payload: |-
      {
        "system_mode":"off",
        "temperature_setpoint_hold":"0"
      }

# switch on and/or set temp
- service: mqtt.publish
  data:
    topic: zigbee2mqtt/Hive/heat/set
    payload: |-
      {
        "system_mode":"heat",
        "temperature_setpoint_hold":"1",
        "occupied_heating_setpoint":"{{ states('sensor.hive_heating_target_temp') }}"
      }

Notes:

• My hive is called ‘Hive’. Not so imaginative, but there you go. I have an SLR2C (2 channels). The differences in commands are:
    • SLR1c: zigbee2mqtt/Hive/set
    • SLR2c: zigbee2mqtt/Hive/heat/set &: zigbee2mqtt/Hive/water/set
  • in my example, I am using sensor.hive_heating_target_temp for my temp setting
2 Likes

I found the MQTT Climate control really limiting so spent some time in my more familiar python and created an integration that presents accurate controls by listening/sending to the MQTT topic which seems to work much better, especially when you want to use the local schedule and controls on the thermostat.
This is very early beta and I’d suggest you keep your current method along side this but if anyone wants to try it out it’s here