Can i use a mmWave sensor in a small bathroom?

I’m about to try, will report results in a few days.

BTW, it was expensive, I’ve had high hopes and bigger plans in mind… than just detect movements in a bathroom. But well… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

DvdNwk Thank You !

Keep us Posted !

definitely a very Pricey piece of technology…
Small and expensive !

Im Planning to get My Self To Try …
Just Reading the Specs i can tell how promising the technology could be for future automations…

I Mean…If Really Works as described…

I Hope is worth The extra $$$ … and is not another Pricey underdeveloped piece of technology …

Anyway I can buy one Through Amazon Prime and try it for a few weeks and if doesnt do what is supposed to do or im not satisfied with the results …
I’ll just returned! Before the end of the 30 days " following their Return policy "…

I have one sitting in my box of stuff I don’t use. I added it but never really had a use case for the zone tracking to put it to use.

An LD2410C and ESP32 S2 Mini are like $5 off AliExpress. They’re available here in the US through Amazon for about $12 a pair ($22 for 3 LD2410C and $15 for 3 S2s).

2 Likes

FriedCheese …

thanks for the heads up ! Is Good to know !
Really Apreciated !

1 Like

FriedCheese…

Do you have The Amazon Link By any chance ?
I’ll Greatly Apreciated!

Radar - https://a.co/d/9H5Puua
ESP - https://a.co/d/blpg2Jt

2 Likes

FriedCheese Thank you Very Much !

1 Like

Keep in mind that LD2410C has builtin bluetooth, and that HA supports it out of the box.
So you actually don’t need an ESP if it would only be used to pilot the mmWave. Just give the LD +5V/GND and you’re done.

2 Likes

I’m in on this project. I would like to solve my bathroom automation problem once and for all. Currently I have the Fully Kiosk wall panel configured with a button for “Shower Mode”. I turn that on and the lighting takes care of itself.

I I go down this route will I need a 3D printer for the case?

Thanks.

1 Like

If you look on amazon you can find all kinds of different size project boxes such as these. Just find one that meets your need. While a 3d printer would give you an exact size box, this route is a lot cheaper.

1 Like

Check these out. Reasonably priced. Very sensitive. Adjustable distance and sensitivity. Well supported. I’ve got the 1U, 2A and now the F2 series which seems the most advanced and easiest to deploy, although more expensive than the others.

1 Like

Good option for folks that don’t want to assemble their own. The 1U is using the combo I recommended and the 1MS is using the LD2410C with the ESP32 C3.

2 Likes

Sorry, it took me long enough… But I have finally installed Aqara FP2 in my bathroom :wink:

It works great:

• It has never turned off the light on me (yet) → while the Sonoff motion detector did (while sitting on the toilet or taking a shower).
  • It is “quick” to turn the lights on (as soon as I’m in the process of opening the door).
  • It sees me through the plastic/glass/idk of the shower.
  • The bathroom door has a blurred window → it detects me sometimes outside of the bathroom → I may reposition the FP2 to avoid the issue.
  • It detects the 3 zones (toilet, mirror, shower) → so I think I’m gonna automate the mirror lights :slight_smile:
  • I can recommend: definitely better than a “simple” motion detector.

2 Likes