Can someone tell me the difference between these two xiaomi cameras?

Hey guys,
Im about to buy a couple of xiaomi cameras although i know they are hard to implement to HA or not compatible at all.
I am between these two models and i cannot see the difference nor can i find any comparison online:

Xiaomi QDJ4041GL for €29.90:

And IMI CMSXJ13B for €38.60:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/IMI-Wireless-Security-Surveillance-Detection/dp/B07W6MV3ZQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=CMSXJ13B&qid=1579508060&s=computers&sr=8-1

I called a shop that sells them both, and the guy said something about the imi having more megapixels sensor which didnt make any sense to me.

Anyone can advice between those two?
And is any of the models easier to implement in HA (if at all possible)?

Thanks in advance.

I found the first one on the xiaomi website and the size of the image sensor is not mentioned anywhere.
https://www.mi.com/global/camera-360/specs

I could not find the second one…
However they look the same to me.

Yeah, except of the white /black part behind the lense, they look identical.

Are you able to connect them to HA?

@krash I have the same question :slight_smile: did you manage to make it work with HA? Thanks!

I’m afraid not, I ended up using TP-link Tapo c200 cameras.
They only work as streams (Cant use tpz or notifications yet)

There is a custom component for tapo PTZ. It is in HACS and there is a thread here on the forum.

EDIT [Custom Component] Tapo: Cameras Control

Thanks! I actually found out about it a couple of days ago and currently trying it out.
Works great so far, I just can’t find the motion binary sensors, or I’m missing something, dunno.

Hello
I don’t mind changing cameras and somehow get rid of the Xiaomi ones. Do you believe that Tapo C200 is a good alternative for HA or should I look for something else?

I can’t say if its better in terms of quality but with the latest tapo component being currently developed it connects greatly and you can use PTZ and motion detection.

1 Like

Thanks @krash !
It works!

I didn’t find motion detection etc either, but I believe I’ll find it in time.

If you have the latest tapo integration installed, there is a tick box (pre-ticked by default) when setting up a camera that says something like enable motion detection.
Then it will create a sensor automatically, which will be unavailable every restart, until the first time it detects motion.
I had to update to 0.117 for the motion to work btw, it had some issues in the previous versions.

Glad to see a fellow Greek messing with home assistant :wink: