Cannot Add New Zigbee Devices - Upgraded Stick

I upgraded my Zigbee stick a month or so ago and I have just recently needed to add two Aqara door sensors for the outside gates. Apparently, HA no longer detects new devices. I can only assume it is due to replacing the usb stick. I tried another type of device, a Sengle Smart Outlet, as I have two of those running already, but those won’t add either. Not sure what to check or what logs would be appropriate.

EDIT: I do have it plugged into a RPI4 USB 2.0 port with a 1m extension. It is a Sonoff 3.0 stick (not the experimental). The old stick was a Conbee II HubZ stick. All 31 devices migrated just fine and operate as expected.

Edit 2 : Found this in the logs and seems to be Zigbee related

`Logger: zigpy_znp.uart
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy_znp/uart.py:47
First occurred: 9:14:46 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:14:46 PM

Lost connection
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/serial_asyncio/init.py”, line 115, in _read_ready
data = self._serial.read(self._max_read_size)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py”, line 595, in read
raise SerialException(
serial.serialutil.SerialException: device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)`

Update: I can add devices if I stand right next to the stick. I know we are supposed to use extension cables and not use the USB 3.0 port, but is a 3.0 cable acceptable or just as bad as a 3.0 port?

Also, it seems my preexisting devices, all of them. even far away devices, such as out at the mailbox, work fine.

The only recommendation I have seen is a none USB 3 cable is recommended even connected to a usb3 port.

Thanks. It turns out the far away devices are not as reliable as I thought. I have a 2.0 cable coming and then I will check the antenna on the Sonoff next.

Thank you. It seems after removing all of the Zigbee devices and starting over, I have a better grasp of my system. I am not sure what changed, but pairing devices just seems a little trickier sometimes. I have added a few more smart plugs to extend my range and repaired everything. So far everything is paired back up and staying online (One Aqara sensor has issues). Thank you for the support.