Cannot connect new Esp32/8266 to Home assistant API (api.connection:083, connection closed)

Probably… if it does not appear is a question of restarting device, restarting HA or ‘forcing add’ following the instructions of the capture I just published right now.

That is what I was looking for. I did not see a way to add a device to the existing ESPHome integration. It is not logical to add ESPHome when it is already there. But, having tried this as your screenshots illustrate, does indeed add a new device.

Thank you for that!

@user512 - restarting HA did not help discovery, and I was curious about what was blocking :slight_smile:
Obviously HA - or ESPHome - keeps a record somewhere about IP’s, as only forcing the router to assign a new IP to the existing MAC made the ESPHome integartion to identify the device as new.

I did not test this time, but I do recall that I added it manally to the integration, and it still came up with warning every minuite. Now it all quiet, and that is the main thing.

You are welcome. And, I agree, it is not logical to add esphome when it is already there. I discover the trick and keep doing it that way. Some day HA will change that for sure as it is continually evolving. Until then, this way of ‘forcing’ it, is the best way for me.

…everyhing you say sounds familiar to me. HA has many of this behaivours. Finally I manage to add the device with the ‘forcing’ way, which I prefer instead to change the IP on the DHCP table of the router, or put a different static IP. I like to keep same IPs forever on all my devices. And add device with the IP written manually have worked always. Of course your trick should work too. Thanks.

Same shit happening to me: renamed a perfect working esp wemos for the duty it now had and the new place in the house and got this!

|15:57:06|[D]|[api:102]|Accepted 192.168.0.115|
|15:57:06|[W]|[api.connection:083]|Home Assistant 2022.12.8 (192.168.0.115): Connection closed|

total shite for nothing i do or change is getting this plug back in esphome, never had this problem.