Can't change LED color on MagicHome LED controller

Hi. I have this exact same problem as well. Can have either white LEDs on or RGB, not both at the same time, and cant control the brightness of the RGB independently from the white LEDs. I do have it set to “rgbw” and tried the “ledenet” option without success.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I have tried with both of these controllers.Controller 1,Controller 2 Both are Version 4

Thanks.

Iv got 2 sets of the magichome wifi controllers connected to some 5050 rgb lights - always worked fine but after the last 2/3 updates, it takes a few attempts to actually get them to turn on. Seems that something is affecting the state but cant find much online about it.

If i try and turn them off and they dont work, they will return to the state they started off at. Eventually they will turn on and remain on but its a bit annoying as i use them alongside motion sensors on my stairs and a simple homeassistant.turn_on once doesnt work, so i have to turn it on 5 times then off 5 times - even this doesnt work sometimes but better than nothing

Its a ballache.

Anyone else experiencing this? They have always worked fine up until a month or so ago

Worth noting that once on i can change the colours/effects etc but i dont tend to do that

Can you share yaml config to get this done?
Thanx

The toggle to switch the light on is not working for me. When I’m using the “Magic UFO” app to turn the lights on, I can control brightness and color via hass.io. Anyone having similar issues? Here is my config:

light:
 - platform: flux_led
  devices:
 192.168.178.28:
  name: 'Wohnzimmerschrank Beleuchtung'
  mode: 'rgbw'

I have the same problem with the new wled “magic home” controller. Do you find some solution in 2 years?)

I have 4 RGBW bulbs that work fine with MagicHome.
When I configure them in Home Assistant I can get only on/off working properly. If I try to use effects, they do work, but after using it I can’t get the white LED to be turned on again. Moreover, brightness and white temperature just do not work.
When I tried the rgb mode, it works fine (a little sluggish), but of course, no white LED. When trying w mode, it shows only a quick white flash when toggling the light (does not matter toggle on or off).
Also tested protocol: ‘ledenet’ and it had no effect.

I read this thread from the beginning and found an intriguing issue: My config\deps folder is empty. In an early message, @Danielhiversen mentions that it should contain init.py
Am I doing anything wrong here?

1 Like

I have the exact same situation and behavior as you,
Hopefully someone will be able to figure this out since I haven’t been able to work with all the function of rgbw yet

Support for these should be better in 2021.11

You can try this for now