Can't change Zigbee channel - Zigbee2mqtt + CC2531

Hi.

I can’t manually select channel for my router, but I have checked which channels are in use. Channel 6 is free, but channel 11 is not. Of course Zigbee is on channel 11 as well.

Tried changing from channel 11 to channel 6 in the hassio add-on configuration (Zigbee2mqtt), but I get an error if I choose any other channel than 11. Anyone had the same experience or now about a possible solution?

It’s normal you get an error message if you try a channel that not exists :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, I read that wrong. Everything good now, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

My zigbee2mqtt range isn’t covering my furthest zibgbee devices. The CC2531 is at the stock channel 11. My wifi is using channel 7. Is it safe to switch to 25 as an alternative? I’ve read that is what most users are choosing. 26 isn’t ideal because it interferes with zigbee devices?

Won’t make much difference. Zigbee 25 and 11 are about the same distance from Wifi 7.

Add an extra router. That will be a better solution than switching channels.

You mean something like this?

You can use something like that. Or just flash a USB CC2531 with the router firmware. Or go to ikea and buy one of their routers.

@francisp
Hahaha. I was at Ikea a few hours ago upon writing this post and I was staring at this exact contraption and asking why I would need it. Arg.