Can't connect via wlan0

I installed Home Assistant (Core2024.10.1, Supervisor2024.10.0, Operating System13.1, Frontend20241002.2) on my Raspberry Pi 4 and when trying to connect to my router via wlan0, I got the following error:

2024-10-09 21:26:27.451 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] Failed to to call /network/interface/wlan0/update - Object does not exist at path “/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/5”

IPv4 and 6 are correctly set (DHCP).
I tried a different Raspberry Pi and even a different router and no success.
Any idea what could be causing it?

Thanks!

Hi lostuser,

I wouldn’t do it, but here’s a post that might help you.
HA on Wifi.

Unfortunately it doesn’t solve my issue. Any other ideas?

I think that may have included this link which I found since then, but maybe not.
In any case,

Hi, I found this thread because I was having the same error message when trying to set up wi-fi via the Lovelace (web browser) interface.
I was able to resolve the issue for myself so I wanted to add what I did in case anyone else is having this issue.

I solved the issue by manually configuring the wifi through the command line interface.
The command I used was:

ha network update wlan0 --wifi-auth “wpa-psk” --wifi-ssid “CenturyLink1234-5G” --wifi-psk “correcthoursebatterystaple

where: CenturyLink1234-5G is your network name and correcthoursebatterystaple is your network password

Note: If you have a keyboard and monitor attached to the device running your Home Assistant, you can do it through that, but I used the " Advanced SSH & Web Terminal" add-on to access my Raspberry Pi via the web browser.

1 Like

Thank you !
I was having the same issue when trying to enable wifi through the web interface. CLI works perfectly. I had to use it a bit different:

ha network update wlan0 --wifi-auth “wpa-psk” --wifi-ssid “your-network” --wifi-psk “your-password” --ipv4-method “auto”