Can't control Danalock v3 (Z-Wave)

I bought rechargeable batteries for all my zwave devices … watch for Ansmann those are good

I found the procedure. It is as simple as

1. Remove node
  2. Reset z-wave controller
  3. Reset Danalock
  4. Remove and re-insert batteries
  5. Pray
  6. Reset Danalock
  7. Pray
  8. Add secure
  9. Go to step 1

After a couple of rounds, it worked… But the node is now shown as dead, even though it sporadically works.

4…
5. Pray
6. Reset Danalock
7. Pray

Does it work even if I am not religious? :sweat_smile:

But seriously; something is not right here, and I suspect it is the locks fault. I have 10+ other Z-Wave Plus devices connected, and none of them were any trouble including and getting to work.

I received an email from the webshop where I bought it. It was pretty much just a forward of an email from the manufacturer stating that I (and other) had received a lock with a bad batch of batteries. Not sure if this is the whole truth, though…

I will try to enable Z-Wave again to see if the batteries drain. How are yours holding up?

You will become religious as soon as the lock starts working :laughing:

I agree that something is not right. We should keep in mind that the product is new, and if I understand correctly, open-zwave can improve support for “quirks” later.

My lock now sometimes appears as dead in HA, but right now it is “ready” with a battery level of 60.

Same here! One battery had reversed polarity (-1.9 V or so)! If they are connected in parallel, could it be that they actually reversed one of the sockets? That would explain a lot :laughing:

Tina from Danalock here. We are so sorry to hear that your batteries died after such a short period of time. Normally, our batteries last a year, sometimes more. Please contact our support centre at [email protected] and they will send you some new ones, free of charge of course. Kind regards from Tina :smiley:

I just got a mail from one of your resellers that its a firmware bug and there is a new firmware that will fix this? Is that correct?

I had an issue wherein after updating to a new version of HASS, the location of my network security key changed. I had done some other changes at the same time, and blamed them, so this took me a while to diagnose. This occurred somewhere during the time that I updated from say a mid 0.4x version of hass to early 0.5x.

The way I found out was that I finally looked at the ozw log for when I was trying to pair the lock. The lock would pair, but I couldn’t actually see the state of it or control it. When I looked in the log for the pairing process, it showed that the network key is not set.

Once I realized that, on my raspberry pi3 I ran sudo grep -ir 'name="networkkey"' / and saw that there was a new location for the key. I added the key to that file, removed my lock and re-added it secure, et voilà it worked!

This was with a schlage connect, so, different lock, but perhaps same problem?

It works now :slight_smile:

Does it work with Z-Wave for you now @stiansoevik? I just replaced the batteries (again), did the firmware upgrade and included it to my Z-Wave network, but for me it is the same as before. Just get a device called “lock.locked” and it says “unlocked” all the time.

Thanks for the input @Dolores, but sadly this is not my issue. Might help somebody else though! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, it works quite well now. Have you tried using ozwcp?

Stian

Ok. I have not tried OZWCP; is that even possible with Hass.io?

I think I will try to get a refund for the lock. It certainly does not work as expected in any way imo. :neutral_face:

I don’t know, I don’t use it. Both Home Assistant and ozwcp is based on Open-Zwave, so there might not be a real difference. I suggest you either retry a couple of times, or wait and see if Danalock gets added to Open-Zwave and HA is updated.

edit: I see here that support was recently added to open-zwave. I am not sure how tightly HA keeps track of open-zwave, but I would expect official support quite soon :slight_smile:

I got same problem as you…

It shows up lock.locked and says unlocked… Any luck?

EDIT: Got it working, don’t know how or what that made it work.
But I resetted Danalock, added secured node maybe 5 times. Then suddenly Polycon showed up…

EDIT2: When I woke up it was state: dead… Now it wont work again… Don’t know what to do…

Anyone with ideas?

Is it possible to add the doorlockv3.xml to the openzwave config map in my homeassistant?

@Tinkerer you can maybe help me? Is it possible?

I assume open-zwave is in the python directory somewhere, try searching for it, and maybe add the new files manually :slight_smile:

I’ve done that without luck… Still trying to get this lock to work…

I have the same problem, new installed danalock v3 and battery was dead after a week. I only used the lock for about 10 times because it is in the basement.

A big consern is that when the lock drained compleatly, it got stuck and didn’t release it for manually unlocking. If this was the only dor in the house that would be a big issue.

I have installed new batteries and after about a week now and only used onse: unnlocked/locked it the battery status is close to half.

I use hass.io 0.57.2 What can draining the lock?

Remember to add network key in secrets.yaml e.g:
zwave_network_key: “0x01,0x00,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01”

and in configuration.yaml e.g:
zwave:
usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
network_key: !secret zwave_network_key