Can't find authenticated in hacs to install

Can’t find the “authenticated” integration by typing in authenticated in the box to search for repositories. Also can’t find it under add-ons in supervisor. Not sure how to install it…

You need to search the integration from the explore and add repositories in HACS integration page.

I had to refresh the cache to search for stuff for some reason. Oops lol. How to i use it as a trigger? Is there documentation somewhere? It doesn’t appear as a suggestion when I use event as a trigger and type in sensor.last_sucessful_login, also how would I differentiate between users? I’m basically just trying to use it to send a notification when someone logs in through my pushover account with the login info. Like ip and location and everything available.

Instead of using event as trigger, please use state as trigger type for entity sensor.last_sucessful_login ,also if you want to get notification for a particular user only, you can use the state attribute username in trigger. Please let me know if you need more help.

Oops, got it :slight_smile: thanks

1 Like

Sooo it just stopped working… I set this up with the gui editing tool but heres the yaml for both rules. Idk what’s wrong with it. It worked at one point…

alias: authenticated antonine authenticated
description: send message upon antonine authenticated
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.last_successful_login
    attribute: username
    to: antonine
condition: []
action:
  - service: notify.pushover
    data:
  - service: notify.persistent_notification
    data:
mode: single
alias: authenticated carver authenticated
description: send message upon carver user authentication
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.last_successful_login
    attribute: username
    to: carver
action:
    data:
    data:

It seems ok but did you ensure that the state attribute username is correct. If its correct then please try this automation, I have used a template trigger and also combined both of these into a single automation.

alias: authentication notification
description: send message upon authentication
trigger:
  - platform: template
    value_template: '{{ state_attr(''sensor.last_successful_authentication'', ''username'') }}'
action:
    data:
    data:
  - choose:
      - conditions:
          - condition: template
            value_template: >-
              {{ state_attr('sensor.last_successful_authentication', 'username')
              == "antonine"}}
        sequence:
            data:
            data:
      - conditions:
          - condition: template
            value_template: >-
              {{ state_attr('sensor.last_successful_authentication', 'username')
              == "carver"}}
        sequence:
            data:
            data:
    default: []

Does this no longer work? I’m developer tools I don’t see user under sensor.last_successful_authentication

Unfortunately it seems to have been removed from HACS now as the repository itself has been archived by the owner.

We need someone taking it over and bringing it back to life.

So long story short it actually functions fine :man_shrugging: you can just drop it in custom and it will just work. Maybe we should just add it to core :man_shrugging: seems like a good administrative feature in general.

1 Like

“just add it to core” :smiley:

Idk man, it functions fine now I just needed to do a fresh install. I thought that someone would consider this useful enough to add the code to core. I’m not informed enough to know

1. How complicated this is
  2. How to do it

So idk man. Seems like a useful feature. And since it already exists it seems like a waste not to.

It needs someone willing and able to do this. Continue using it as custom repo in HACS is what I did (or happens automatically once an archived integration is dropped from HACS), but this will generate issues in future for sure.

Like there was already few months ago, see Add ip_ban_whitelist for HTTP Integration.

That sure sucks.