Can't load HikVision Binary Sensor

After firmware upgrade it works.

I have done all this and the logs say authentication failed.
No NVR just two cams.

- platform: hikvision
  name: Voortuin
  host: 10.0.1.6
  port: 80
  ssl: false
  username: *****
  password: *****

I had same issue. Turns out I was using the wrong password.

I had same issue.

Thanks for all hints and tips.

I also had the issue that the sensors were made, but weren’t triggered. For me the solution was to enable the ‘Op afstand: Waarschuw surv.centr./Trigg…’ privilege *) for the user in the camera user management settings. If you use an Admin user you won’t need this solution, because admins have all privileges, but I used a user of the Operator type in trying to be more secure.

*) In English this privilege is probably known as something like ‘Remote: Warn surveillance centre / trigger…’

B.t.w. the ‘HikVision-CGI’ setting could stay disabled for me. But I only use the line crossing detection sensor and the motion sensor. I don’t know if HikVision-CGI is needed to make other sensors happy.

I have had the binary_sensors working well for a long time. With the recent introduction of Alexa camera streaming needing https, I have run into an issue. When I change the port to 433 and add ssl: true, my binary_sensors show unavailable. Has anyone gotten the binary_sensors to work with https?

Hi all,
Apologies if this should be a new topic but wondering if I could get some pointers
Trying to get a new hikvision camera working with Home Assistant but not seeing the binary sensors show up.

Initially started testing with a basic model (IPC-B220) and home assistant is picking up the motion and “tamper detection” sensors with no issues.

The problem is with a new camera I have picked up. The new sensors are just not appearing in HA
It is a DS-2CD2386G2-IU running the following

That is the latest firmware I could find (not sure if I should be downgrading instead)

I have followed the steps at the start of this topic and set the auth to digest/basic which works for the streaming and snapshots with no issues. The notifications are also enable for basic and smart events.

The integration does appear to be connecting to the camera as I have used a specific user and it is showing up as connected on the camera under the “online users” section.

Have tried with both the admin user and specific operator with the "notify Surveillance Center " permissions

Don’t seem to be able to see any errors in the logs related to the hikvision integration.

Is it possible to enable debug logging for this HikVision integration by any chance?
Any advice on how to troubleshoot this is very much appreciated.

Closing the loop on the above post.
Looks like this has already been reported and worked on here

`“When i restart Home Assistant i can see on the cameras webinterface, that the hassio_mgmt-Useraccount is properly connected (see attached screenshots, the IP of homeassistant is the 192.168.150.10), but there are no binary sensors getting created.``”

1 Like

I can confirm this works with firmware V5.5.160 build 210416 for the camera Hikvision DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL. If you have any issues, ensure that the time is correct on your IP camera.

Anyone experiencing issues with not all sensors showing up in HA, my solution was upgrading the firmware to V5.5.800 build 211009

I had 1 newer camera with newer firmware which immediately showed up in HA with all sensors.
My 3 older camera’s (1 year older) did have the functions for line crossing etc, but would only show the movements.

After upgrading my camera’s and then restarting HA, all functions showed up for all 4 camera’s.
The restart of HA after upgrade is very important to do!