Can't restart Home Assistant?

When I try and restart HA after the 2021.12 update, I get an error:

“Failed to call service homeassistant/restart. function() argument ‘code’ must be code, not str”

I updated some HACS integrations, and I can’t restart HA due to the error code above. Is there another way to restart, or a way to fix this error?

As always, thanks for any assistance. This is a great community.

1 Like

I think I resolved this myself, but I’m a bit curious if it was a problem with the update, update process, or something else that isn’t fully resolved. I stopped and restarted the Home Assistant Docker container I’m running, and it seems to have cleared up the restart problem. If anyone has any useful info about this, let me know.

For me the same. As a solution i restarted my virtual mashine on my synology drive. After that it works again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

I have the same situation after updating to 2021.12.0 and 2021.12.1. I can’t restart HA, tried to stop and reset the device, but nothing helped me.

I also have issues with checking the configuration validation, just checks the configuration but never finishes…

Please for help, advice.

Same here, there is some issue with the latest update. I get the same error as well and can’t get the validation to work.

Update or remove Alexa media player

Thanks, updating the Alexa media player solved the situation.

First I tried to remove the Alexa media player but I couldn’t and after updating the Alexa media player everything worked.

Hi Zac, where can I update the Alexa Media Player? I can’t find the option. Thanks!

Hi Felipe, you can find the Alexa media player update in HACS integration.

I had this too. Updated to the latest version (2012.12.4) solved this.

had the same problem, i updated CORE & OS & Alexa Media Player (HACS) and rebooted HOST.

all is fine again

1 Like