Can't update hassio to 0.105.x

I think it’s doing a fresh install and then restore the snapshot on it.
Try to save your snapshots on your PC, then create a new SD image, add Samba SSH add-ons if you need and then reload your snapshot, this is what I do when nothing else works…

I’ll try… I was hoping that there is an easier solution. but the “wipe and restore” changed nothing

thx

do not forget to wait at least 30 minutes…

for the zwave?

for everything, wipe is doing a fresh install and need same time as first time

Tried the Netatmo tip (removing config, restarting, updating…) bit it did not work, update failed.

Thanks, this did the trick for me as well! Still missing a camera, but the update went finally through.

Changes to integrations and new ones added is why I update.

The OZW errors in your log indicate the zwave stick no longer lives at /dev/ttyACM0.

Check your HassOS Hardware info to find out what it’s called now it’s usually best to use the entry that looks similar to this: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-0658_0200-if00 that way if the tty device changes name the by-id will not.

Problem was the deCONZ stick. Removed it and then the zw stick was found again. After plug in the deCONZ stick again it also was found again. No idea why but everything is fine again after “wipe and restore” and playing with the sticks…
THX for your help

Here is what I get in the check tool, trying to go from 0.104.3 to 0.105.2

Does anyone have any clue what this points to as the problem??

starting version 3.2.8
[19:53:32] INFO: Don't worry, this temporary installation is not overwriting your current one.
[19:53:32] INFO: Installing Home Assistant: latest...
[19:53:32] INFO: Please be patient, this might take a few minutes...
WARNING: You are using pip version 19.2.2, however version 20.0.2 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
[19:55:56] INFO: Installed Home Assistant 0.105.2
[19:55:56] INFO: Making a copy of your configuration for checking...
[19:56:07] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version...
[19:57:03] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!
[19:57:03] ERROR: See the output below for more details.
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of colorlog==4.1.0
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of pyatmo==3.2.2
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of zeroconf==0.24.4
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of aiohttp_cors==0.7.0
ERROR:homeassistant.scripts.check_config:BURB
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/scripts/check_config.py", line 204, in check
    async_check_ha_config_file(hass)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/base_events.py", line 579, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/check_config.py", line 129, in async_check_ha_config_file
    config = config_schema(config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 386, in validate_mapping
    cval = cvalue(key_path, value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 817, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 373, in validate_mapping
    new_key = ckey(key_path, key)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 817, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/config_validation.py", line 659, in validator
    value = config[key]
TypeError: string indices must be integers
Fatal error while loading config: string indices must be integers
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - string indices must be integers

Successful config (partial)

This trick works for me too!!!
THANX!!!

I edit the new standard to config.yaml BEFORE updating!!! Therefore configuration-check fails but update works!!!

2 Likes

That worked for me too :smile: :smile:

Where are the addon stored in the backup. I could not find mine.

Download the snapshot (.tar) file to your computer…

Unpack the file (search online for an app to deal with .tar files depending on your computer OS).

Inside the tar (it’s kind of like a zip file) you’ll find other .tar.gz files … with the name of each add-on…

If you unpack those, you’ll find the configuration in .json format, which is readable enough for you to configure again your add-ons as you reinstall them fresh…

R

I can confirm too.
I commented # the netatmo lines in configuration.yaml, I updated again, wrote down netatmo with the new configuration method and add it from integration, and all is now ok.

You were right. I made the upgrade yesterday and it broke a lot of stuff. Took me 3 hours to get everything working again. So yeah, better not skip too many releases, the issues are adding up.

Did it for me. Tnx!

WOW tried for so many days now and this worked!!

Have same problem. Now successfully upgrade to 0.105.3 by changing configure.yaml to just

netatmo:
  client_id: <<your_client_id>>
  client_secret: <<your_client_secret>>

(https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/netatmo/)