Capture data directly from your weatherstation

Did somebody else got the same warning and has a solution for it?

@jobvk Yes I had this warning after the latest update. In HA the webhook triggers are changed. They added the possibility for GET, etc.
The solution for me was to add 3 extra lines:

• trigger:
    • platform: webhook
      webhook_id: pws
      allowed_methods:

Als updated on HA-PWS/configuration.yaml at ff9ea617ea5e2a85ab6559edf8c6db98da2a2140 ¡ Xorfor/HA-PWS ¡ GitHub

2 Likes

This is working perfect for my weather station.

I had to correct the rounding (rounding(1)) of the rain, because my weather station is sending data like 2.5mm.

Only the “PWS - Stationtype” isnt working. any Text sensor is not working. any idea?

@phil-schneider: The text sensors are working for my PWS (WS2900). However any brand/model can have its own options to send data. I guess that your PWS is simply not sending this data. To be sure, you need to capture the json send by your PWS.

I checked this already.
It is sending the data:

"stationtype":"EasyWeatherPro_V5.1.1",

But somehow HA has a problem with the data. The value is “unknown”.
Even when changing it to a static text its not working for me:

- name: "PWS - Stationtype"
      #state: "{{ trigger.data.stationtype }}"
      state: "static content"

My PWS is sending “EasyWeatherV1.6.5”. Perhaps something with the “_”?
Do you have the same problem with “model”?

I have the same problem… I would love to get this working now for some reason wunderground shows my station off line for the last 2 days without any changes from my side.

Anybody have a hint how to work arrount the as I guess the HTTP is hardcode in the easyweather software…

Hi,
Is this valid for Eurochron EFWS 01001? I read that Eurochron uses the same hardware as Ambient Weather, Ecowitt, etc.
I used WS Tool, but without success.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for this integration!

I have put this Yaml ( [configuration.yaml] ) in template.yaml, the IDs are also created neatly, but I do not receive any data on the sensors , remains unknown.

I have already used

" curl -X POST -d “model: ‘WS123’” http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:pppp/api/webhook/pws "

but I get the answer

"
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: xn–ws123-sv3lxma6a
curl: (7) Empty reply from server
"

In WSView Plus i have entered this:

I have tried the debug automation, but I don’t know where to find the exit.

Hope someone is willing and able to help me!

Thank you!

@dzjr

1. The ip address (192.168.0.180) in WS View, is that the ip address of your HA server?
  2. Please use the Webhook Debugger automation to see what is posted by your PWS:
alias: Webhook Debugger
description: PWS Debugger
trigger:
  - platform: webhook
    webhook_id: pws
    allowed_methods:
    local_only: true
action:
  - service: persistent_notification.create
    data_template:
        {% if 'data' in trigger %}
          Data: {{ dict(trigger.data)|tojson }}
        {% elif 'json' in trigger %}
          JSON: {{ dict(trigger.json)|tojson }}
        {% endif %} {% if 'query' in trigger and trigger.query|length > 0 %}
          Query: {{ dict(trigger.query)|tojson }}
        {% endif %}

After a couple of seconds, you should get a message like:

Data: {"PASSKEY": "D7E76ED7E76D932CB06EC9A811179BA6", "baromabsin": "29.735", "baromrelin": "29.540", "dailyrainin": "0.012", "dateutc": "2023-12-25 17:22:44", "eventrainin": "0.012", "hourlyrainin": "0.012", "humidity": "99", "humidityin": "67", "maxdailygust": "10.3", "model": "WS2900", "monthlyrainin": "3.732", "rainratein": "0.000", "solarradiation": "0.00", "stationtype": "EasyWeatherV1.6.6", "tempf": "51.3", "tempinf": "65.8", "totalrainin": "200.283", "uv": "0", "weeklyrainin": "0.370", "winddir": "149", "windgustmph": "2.2", "windspeedmph": "0.9", "yearlyrainin": "200.283"}

Thanks for your comment,

Tthe 192.168.0.180 is indeed the address of HA,
And when I run the debugger I get an empty message unfortunately.

You don’t need to execute/run this automation! Just wait!

This automation will be automatically triggert when a payload is received. If you don’t receive a notification after a couple of minutes, then your PWS is not able to send you the data. This can have a couple of reasons, like a firewall, wrong ip-address of HA, etc.

I have switched of the firewall in my router, just for this test, and the IP adres of HA is 192.168.0.180, same as i entered in the weather station software.

Can it be the problem that i also upload de data to wunderground?

I run HA with a security certificate.

@dzjr Please switch off uploading to Wunderground, just for testing. I don’t have experience with that, I don’t like to share my room temperature with the rest of the world :slight_smile: . To be honest, I have no idea why your PWS is not sending the data. Just try!!!

1 Like

Unfortunately, just removing wunderground didn’t help either.

Then just get the data into HA via wunderground.

Thanks for the help anyway!!

1 Like

Hi! It seems like that only http is working, not https for the local connection.

Thanks Sander,

I built a second HA with a raspberry-pi 3, just as a local device, and I receive the PWS data!

With the HACS integration remote-home assistant I then forward the data to my other HA instance.

thank you very much for your thoughts

1 Like

Has anyone experience with the BRESSER weather station WIFI ClearView 7in1 or similiar ?

Mine is running fine with wunderground and weathercloud so I do not wanna risk the running system for an instable solution cause last time when I had bought that it took quite a long time to install the system on chrismas or so for my dad.

That’s why I am asking if some has the Bresser WIFI ClearView 7in1 manual can be found here

Here is the connection page for wunderground and weathercloud .
Not sure if that could work or cause in the introduction it was mentined that wunderground is using get which is not supported by HA webhhook, but later there seemed to be an update so maybe it is now possible.

Thanks a lot for the great work and description here !
Hats off !

Wolf,

It is correct that since a couple of versions, the webhook also supports POST, PUT, HEAD, and GET requests (see: Automation Trigger - Home Assistant). On Domoticz I used also the Wunderground protocol, when I switched to HA, I had to change that to Ecowitt, because at that moment only POST was supported in HA.
I didn’t test with GET, but I know that Ecowitt and Wunderground have almost the same format. Use the webhook debugger (see in one of my above messages) to see the received data.

1 Like