Of course, the next thing I try works!

ha-card div.forecast div.forecast-image-icon svg {
          --mdc-icon-size: 80px;
          width: 80px;
          height: 80px
        }

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 17.04.36

1 Like

Nice, i was stumbling around svg-icon etc, tried --mdc as-well … also figured out it was a div-container, but guess i was to “stucked” with “weather” instead of forecast … gotta give that a try on another “test-card” :slight_smile:

Has anyone gotten the “Replace the overflow menu with clock” example working?

I added the example code to the bottom of my mod-card-root-yaml block in my theme’s YAML file, but no luck:

# Header                                                                            
  header-height: 48px # Change this to 0px for header on the bottom. You're 1/3 there.
  card-mod-root-yaml: |                                                               
    paper-tabs$: |                                                                    
      /* Uncomment this for header on the bottom. You're 2/3 there.                   
      #selectionBar {                                                                 
        bottom: unset !important;                                                     
      }                                                                               
      */                                                                              
    .: |                                                                              
      /* This moves the header up. */                                                 
      app-header {                                                                    
        transform: translate3d(0px, -48px, 0px);                                      
      }                                                                               
      /* Let's change the background. */                                             
      app-header, app-toolbar {                                                      
        background: var(--primary-background-color) !important;                      
        color: var(--primary-text-color) !important;                                 
      }                                                                              
      /* We're still going to need a way to see that we're in edit mode. */          
      app-header.edit-mode {                                                         
        padding-bottom: calc(var(--ha-card-border-width, 2px) * 2);                  
        border-bottom: var(--ha-card-border-width, 2px) solid var(--primary-color);  
      }                                                                              
      /* This changes the color of the currently selected tab. */                    
      ha-tabs {                                                                      
        --paper-tabs-selection-bar-color: var(--primary-color) !important;                     
      }                                                                              
      paper-tab[aria-selected=true] {                                                
        color: var(--primary-color) !important;                                      
      }                                                                              
      /* This hides the help button. */                                              
      a.menu-link[target="_blank"] {                                                 
        display: none;                                                               
      }                                 
      /* This makes the plus color the same as the background. */                     
      #add-view {                                                                     
        color: var(--primary-background-color);                                       
      }                                                                               
      /* This hides the title. */                                                     
      [main-title] {                                                                  
        display: none;                                                                
      }                                                                               
      /* This hides the app-toolbar in edit mode. */                                  
      app-toolbar.edit-mode {                                                         
        height: 0;                                                                    
      }                                                                               
      /* This moves the edit mode buttons back in. */                                 
      app-toolbar.edit-mode > mwc-icon-button {                                       
        position: absolute;                                                           
        left: 0;                                                                      
        top: 0;                                                                       
        z-index: 1;                                                                  
      }                                                                              
      app-toolbar.edit-mode > ha-button-menu {                                       
        right: 0;                                                                    
        top: 0;                                                                      
        z-index: 1;                                                                  
      }                                                                              
      /* This adds a bit more padding, mainly for unused entities. */                
      app-header.edit-mode > div {                                                   
        padding-left: 5px;                                                           
      }                                                                              
      /* Uncomment this for header on the bottom. You're 3/3 there.                            
      app-header {                                                                   
        top: calc(100vh - 60px) !important;                                          
        bottom: 0 !important;                                                        
        transform: unset !important;                                                 
      }                                                                              
      */                                       
      ha-button-menu::before {                                                        
        content: "{{states('sensor.time')}}";                                         
        color: var(--text-primary-color);                                             
        visibility: visible;                                                          
        font-size: 20px;                                                              
        width: 230px;                                                                
        top: 13px;                                                                   
        right: 0px;                                                                  
      }                                                                              
      ha-menu-button {                                                               
        display: none !important;                                                    
      }                                                                              
      ha-button-menu {                                                               
        color: transparent;                                                          
      }   

I’m referring to the deprecation of --paper-item elements at the theme level, but in this case it seems I’m mistaken in terms of how they work out at card level, so thanks for highlighting that. Of course, deprecation doesn’t mean that they don’t work right now, but at some point in the future they may not.

If you look at the code inspector under Developer tools, you’ll see that for the state-badge elements on both entities and glance cards, there is already a substitution of the --paper-item-icon-color variable which points to the --state-icon-color variable. However, setting the --state-icon-color variable at card level doesn’t work as I had expected (I usually drill all the way to the state badge element anyway to set its color).

Incidentally, your code for the glance card doesn’t work for me unless I explicitly set state_color to false on the card, so knowing which card is being used would still seem to be a relevant question. (I think that may be because the sun is currently above the horizon for me, and in HA terms that means it is active, whereas when you tested it it was below the horizon/inactive).

Assuming your sensors are reporting some kind of number, try this in the Developer Tools > Template section:

{% if (states('daily_sunpanel_deliver_grid') | int(0)) > (states('daily_power_short') | int(0)) %}
darkorange
{% else %}
grey
{% endif %}

You’ll need to adapt this if your sensors report a string with some kind of unit of measurement in it instead.

check Custom header theme ¡ GitHub

using a template, and not clock but thats of not much importance. this is a card-mod-theme topic though

I currently use a card that spans all the columns in a grid-layout card to create a header:

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 23.05.01

But I would like the header label to be located on top of the border, like so:

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 23.05.01 copy

Is that possible?

- type: custom:mod-card
    style: |
      ha-card {
        border: solid 2px var(--primary-color) !important;
      }
    view_layout:
      grid-column: 1 / span 4
      grid-row: span 2
    card:
      type: custom:layout-card
      layout_type: custom:grid-layout
      layout:
        grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr 1fr 1fr
        grid-template-rows: auto
      cards:
        - type: custom:button-card
          label: Outside
          show_state: false
          show_units: false
          show_icon: false
          show_name: false
          show_label: true
          view_layout:
            grid-column: 1 / span 4
            height: 15px
          styles:
            card:
              - height: 15px
              - padding: 0
              - box-shadow: none
            grid:
              - grid-template-rows: auto
            label:
              - color: var(--primary-color)
          color_type: card
          color: var(--primary-background-color)

Edit: looks like a fieldset would do that.

What is that card? I have been looking for something like that. Also, could you update your code based on the ‘fieldset’?

I simply edited the screen cap to show what I’m looking for. I’m still looking for a solution

But you said this before. How did you do that?

All the necessary code is in my post.

It’s a column-spanning card inside a grid-layout card inside a mod-card.

moveup

Help!!! I’m pulling my hair out trying to adjust the spacing and move this text up in the markdown container.

My code is below, what am I doing wrong?!

- type: vertical-stack
        cards:
          - type: markdown
            content: >
              <h2 style="text-align: center;"> Mark: {{states('person.mark')}}
              </h2> for: {{states('sensor.time') and
              relative_time(strptime(states.sensor.mark_left_home_last.state[:19],'%Y-%m-%d
              %H:%M:%S'))}} <br> Commute: {{states('sensor.waze_travel_time') }}
              mins
              ha-card.type-markdown {
                padding-top: 0px;
                text-align: center;
                line-height: 16px;
                height: 110px;
              }

hello, how can i use card-mod to disable the more-info popup when i click on the marker/picture icon inside a map card?? i tried with tap-action function but it doesn’t work.

Someone could point me to the right direction??

thanks a lot.

Hi!

I’m using picture-elements card and I run into a problem: I cannot change the icon color of a switch when it is turned on. I tried to use --paper-item-active-color , but it doesn’t working.

My code is the following:

- type: state-icon
            tap_action:
              action: toggle
            entity: light.terasz_szoba_lampa
            style:
              bottom: 33%
              right: 7%
              border-radius: 50%
              "--paper-item-icon-color": black
              "--paper-item-icon-active-color" : yellow
              text-align: center
              background-color: rgba(102, 102, 102, 0.2)

I’d like to have the “switched on” color yellor.

Any ideas? :slight_smile:

Seems like you’r using “basic entity” CSS " (which btw should be “styles:)”, and not card-mod … but, anyhow, if ' --paper-item-icon-active-color '’ doesn’t work in your Theme, try “template” on the “entity” ( or " card-mod: style: " ) on the entity

I will answer you in the topic where you posted it first.

It works - but not for light entity in Picture Elements.
Here card-mod seems to be the only solution.

1 Like

i actually just checked my “FloorPlan” :slight_smile:

cards:
      - type: picture-elements
        theme: noctis-grey
        card_mod:
            ha-card {
              color: #87BF50; border: solid 2px #A0A2A8; box-shadow: none;
            }
        elements:
            entity: light.d1
            icon: mdi:wall-sconce-flat-outline
            name: light
            style:
              top: 36%
              left: 32%

…And my “icons” change color , and it seems to be , due to the

Icons

paper-item-icon-color: ‘#A0A2A8’
paper-item-icon-active-color: ‘#87BF50’

in my Theme

Here is the working solution:

entity: light.virtual_light_1
    tap_action:
      action: toggle
    style:
      bottom: 73%
      right: 7%
      border-radius: 50%
      background-color: rgba(102, 102, 102, 0.2)
    card_mod:
      style:
        state-badge $: |
          ha-state-icon {
            {% if is_state('light.virtual_light_1','on') %}
            color: red !important;
            {% else %}
            color: cyan;
            {% endif %}
          }

Well, as i said, above works for me … but i´ll “keep” your example" if i run into “problems” another time :slight_smile: (edit: as i’ve seen this “state-badge” before in some post, but didn’t thought it was of my concern, as i didn’t had “badges” , but now i realize it must be some new “naming” )… thou i don’t know whether it’s due to the “elements:” tag or what, but my icons changes color cording to Themes, my card-mod is for “border” and text(diff from Theme)
Edit2: Heres is start of my “FloorPlan” View

views:
  - title: FloorPlan
    type: custom:horizontal-layout
    badges: []
    cards:
      - type: picture-elements
        card_mod:
            ha-card {