šŸ”¹ Card-mod - Add css styles to any lovelace card

Can you please post the code for a card that is not working?

type: custom:mod-card
card_mod:
  style:
    hui-vertical-stack-card$: |
      .card-header {
        font-size: 25px !important;
        padding: 8px 16px 0px !important;
      }
card:
  type: vertical-stack
  title: Bathroom
  cards:
    - type: custom:mushroom-chips-card
      chips:
        - type: entity
          entity: sensor.temperature_84
          entity: sensor.humidity_83
        - type: template
          entity: binary_sensor.presence_sensor_fp2_dffb_presence_sensor_1
          content_info: none
          tap_action:
            action: more-info
          icon: >-
            {{ 'mdi:motion-sensor' if is_state(entity, 'on') else
            'mdi:motion-sensor-off' }}
          icon_color: '{{ ''blue'' if is_state(entity, ''on'') else ''white'' }}'
          entity: binary_sensor.water_29
          tap_action:
          icon: '{{ ''mdi:water'' if is_state(entity, ''on'') else ''mdi:water-off'' }}'
      alignment: end
      style: |
        .chip-container {
            padding-right: 4px;
            margin-top: -46px
        }
    - type: custom:mushroom-light-card
      entity: light.mugg
      name: Ceiling
      fill_container: false
      show_brightness_control: true
      layout: horizontal
      icon_color: amber

Basicly, i want the ā€œbathroomā€ text to be in line with the mushroom sensors so the card gets more compacted. And this all worked before i upgraded.

style now requires this setup. You were missing the card_mod line.

card_mod:
type: custom:mod-card
card_mod:
  style:
    hui-vertical-stack-card$: |
      .card-header {
        font-size: 25px !important;
        padding: 8px 16px 0px !important;
      }
card:
  type: vertical-stack
  title: Bathroom
  cards:
    - type: custom:mushroom-chips-card
      chips:
          entity: sensor.temperature_84
          entity: sensor.humidity_83
          entity: binary_sensor.presence_sensor_fp2_dffb_presence_sensor_1
          tap_action:
          icon: >-
            {{ 'mdi:motion-sensor' if is_state(entity, 'on') else
            'mdi:motion-sensor-off' }}
          entity: binary_sensor.water_29
          tap_action:
          icon: '{{ ''mdi:water'' if is_state(entity, ''on'') else ''mdi:water-off'' }}'
      alignment: end
      card_mod:
        .chip-container {
            padding-right: 4px;
            margin-top: -46px
        }
    - type: custom:mushroom-light-card
      entity: light.mugg
      name: Ceiling
      fill_container: false
      show_brightness_control: true
      layout: horizontal
      icon_color: amber

Thanks! I knew it was something small i missed :slight_smile:

Hey all,

Novice trying to learn and need a little help. I am working with a Custom weather card and trying to use card_mod change the color a little tiny line when I inspect with browser debug its called div.bar-block-left and right. I donā€™t know how to target this to add an element of border-color: black. I am adding screenshot as well.

Thanks
Wayne B.

It is simply border-color: black; I added border:none to show that you can remove the border altogether.

type: custom:hourly-weather
entity: weather.forecast_home
card_mod:
     ha-card {
       background: none!important;
       border-color: black; 
       border: none;
         }

Itā€™s general practice to post your code using the community standards. See #11

Thanks for the response.

So what I am actually trying to change the color of is a little tiny line above the time. See new screenshot. When I put the actual card in my dashboard the default color of grey makes it almost invisible. I only said the border-color because I used by inspect mode in my browser and navigated to the div.bar-block-left and added an element of border-color to see what I needed to add.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 205717

Wayne.

Missed that. Let me take another look. Can you post your code?

divider-color: is what you need to change the color of those slashes.

type: custom:hourly-weather
entity: weather.forecast_home
card_mod:
     ha-card {
       background: none!important;
       border-color: black; 
       border: none;
       --divider-color: red;
         }

1 Like

That is exactly what I needed! Thanks I did not know where to find that setting at.

I just looked directly in the JS

Thanks this is my mobile dashboard project. Just though I would post SS of it. Its always a work in progress. Thanks again for the helpā€¦
Uas

2 Likes

It coming along great! Colors flow well. I am happy I was able to assist.

My boards are always a work in progress too. I prefer the darker look. Here is one of my latest creations.

2 Likes

I like the textures. I never though of adding textures.

Just wanted to bump this if anyone knew if this was possible

@image969 Assuming youā€™re talking about displaying a card via browser_mod.popupā€¦ thereā€™s no special card-mod configuration. The easiest way Iā€™ve found is to create the card you want to ā€œpop upā€ in a test dashboard via normal means. Get your card-mod setup and whatever else exactly how you want it, and then copy the yaml into your browser_mod.popup service call under your firedom event. If you copy/paste correctly, the popup will look exactly like the card in your test dashboard.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have the card working fine in the pop-up. Itā€™s just a drop-down menu when you click on it. The pop-up dimensions arenā€™t big enough so it crops it. I want to know if the overflow in card mod can be used so it extends past the pop-up.

Canā€™t help much if you donā€™t post your current code, but you can definitely increase the height of the popup card which could solve your issue.

Hereā€™s a screenshot of the code I was referring to. I would rather not change the height of the pop-up card, because then there would be a ton of blank space showing when Iā€™m not using the drop-down menu. I have no problem with this overflow line anywhere else it just doesnā€™t seem to work Inside the pop-up card

I donā€™t think you can do that. The popup card has a defined size. You can change the size via card-mod etc, but itā€™s a defined size nonetheless. You canā€™t declare anything outside the size of the popup card as there just isnā€™t any space there. Itā€™s possible to add scrollbars, but thatā€™s going to let you scroll the whole card. I suppose itā€™s possible to add scrollbars to only the dropdown, but you would have to experiment with card-mod and it will depend on the specific card your trying to use and how itā€™s constructed. I could very easily be wrong, but Iā€™d be surprised if you can accomplish this with card-mod alone, at least as long as youā€™re talking about it being a popup card. In any case, if you donā€™t post your code properly formatted, then no one can help, as no one can copy and paste your code from a screenshot to try things and give you direction.